Chapter 6 - Chase

Hi, usually I will go with an app to edit my story in my laptop. But somehow my laptop acts up since new year. So I decided to post the work as it is. Sorry for all the grammatical and stupid error you will read in this chapter and until (I'm not sure when) I fixed my laptop. But I also don't want to hang you from reading Chase and Amber's story.

"So beautifulll!!!!" Lys squeals and giggles with her sister, Allison. They are looking over endless pictures of baby's clothes.

"I know, right! So confused. Everything is so beautiful!" Allison says.

"So? Why confused? Just buy all of it," Dave answers her.

Alli rolls her eyes. "Those are expensive, Dave. Let me choose one or two."

Zac raises his eyes, but his wife doesn't seem to realize that. He move his eyes to his sister in law until Lys realizes and glances up at him. They communicate something with eyes and Lys chuckles and nods once while the baby's mommy still busy with the pictures, choosing which one she really, really wants to buy.

I bet with all my trust fund from my grandparents, Zac asked Lys to send the link of that clothing's brand. He will buy all of that clothes for his son. Zac did wish for a girl, but his love for his son is so obvious. People who don't know wouldn't realize how bad he wanted a daughter to be his first kid.

"So, Mr. Fox, you still hunting on your Cinderella?" Dave asks me.

I shrug. "Not anymore."

Allison gasps and looks up at me. "You give up??"

I raise an eyebrow.

"Oh no! I'm sad now. I thought this Cinderella will be my best friend in the future." She pouts adorably.

I roll my eyes at her exaggerate. "Please, Al. I didn't say I give up, did I?" And you two are best friends already.

"Huh? Wait.. you found her????" Allison beams happily now. This pregnant woman's mood is more complicated than shit documents my employees send me every day.

"You did???" Lys asks too.

"Where?" Dave asks before I can answer his wife.

"He can't find her. But he won't admit it," my ever loving buddy, Zac, answers.

"Fuck you, Zac. I found her."

"Really? Where is she now? Decided you lame and left you? I see."

I roll my eyes and look at Allison. "Can you mute him?"

Allison laughs.

"Seriously, Fox. Where is she? If you found her, why you didn't go after her?" Dave asks.

"She doesn't know me yet. Let it comes to a surprise for her."

"So lame," Zac says. And I choose to ignore it.

"So, does it mean you and this woman is actually know each other? Not from the D&D night?" Allison asks. One more thing I love about her, she is so sharp and smart. Lucky bastard Goldreich.

Zac's phone ring. He frowns a bit and answers it.

"Must be Amber," Lys whispers to us in conspiracy. We all know Zac never picked up any work related call during his time with Allison, except if its Amber. Because Amber won't bother him unless it's emergency. She is like the filter between Zac and his works.

Amber... Amber, my Cinderella. She is here all this time.

I realized that when I touched her scar in Allison's baby shower. It's not a coincidence Amber has the same scar like my Cinderella. And her smell, her figure, her voice when she was tipsy. I did that in purpose to keep touching her like I did to her back then in D&D and her reaction were same like my Cinderella.