XXIV. Reunite

"What happened?" Jackson asked, eyes focused ahead as he maneuvered at the busy street.

"My soulmates happened." I replied, nonchalantly.

Looking at the rearview as I noticed a red car following us, "Someone is following us." I said as Jackson glanced at the rearview and exhaled a breath.

Scoffing as a memory flashed, remembering how that memory happened. They saw me, followed me, lost them and led to an argument with Lary.

I missed that loud ass woman.

Snapping from my thoughts as Jackson increased our speed, looking at the rearview as we gained some distance from the red car.

"Fuck." Jackson mumbled as I jolted hearing something hit us, looking back at the red car a woman with red shoulder length hair pointing a gun at our car, firing bullets at us.

"Shit." I said, ducking my head as the window at the back shattered.

"Fucking hell. Are they planning on killing us?" Jackson asked as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Maybe or maybe not." I answered.

"Okay, you got a plan, or shall I just stay duck-and-cover?" I asked.

"My plan was to drive us away." He answered.

"That's a shit plan." I mumbled as I quickly maneuvered to the side of the steering wheel.

Coming face to face with the red car as I kicked the door, passing by a street post the door instantly detached, flying into the red car, shattering the glass in front and blocking the driver's view.

Jackson maneuvered the car back, facing it to the other side, "You're welcome." I said as he continued to drive, "I'll pay for the damage later." I added, earning a chuckle from him.

"You're crazy." He said, shrugging my shoulders.

Looking at the rearview noticing them gone, exhaling a breath as I leaned my back at the doorless seat, feeling the gush of the wind at my side.

Squinting my eyes as we passed by a familiar street, "Turn right." I muttered, Jackson obliged despite the obvious confusion in his face, seeing the familiar alley, "There." I added, pointing at the alley.

"I'm not sure, Lis." Jackson said.

"Your car will fit." I replied as he sighed and headed towards it, slowly backing up as it thankfully fit.

Reaching at the end part, pushing a brick a hiss sounded as the wall lifted, furrowing my eyes confused as to why the car didn't move, looking back at Jackson his eyes wide, jaw dropping and astonishment in his eyes.

Laughing at his reaction as I lightly nudged him, blinking his eyes as he slowly backed up the car, parking it beside my white black Chevrolet corvette, "Damn, I miss this baby." I said, quickly getting off the car and running towards the car.

"Who owns this place?" He asked as he walked around, roaming his eyes.

"Me." I answered.

"So, this is where you hide your car." He mumbled, nodding his head, "Here." He added. 

Facing him as he threw me something which I quickly caught, looking down it was my mask, running my finger at it, smiling remembering how it felt on my face whenever I raced.

My white mask with a crescent moon and cherry blossom located at the right side, smiling how it became my silly trademark whenever I had a race.

"When was the last time you went here?" He asked, swiping a finger on the car, facing it to me seeing how the tip of his finger has dust, laughing at it as I tried to remember when.