XXIII. Glimpse

"Good morning, dear." Auntie Sophie greeted, sitting on the breakfast table wearing a white lace dress.

"You look extra beautiful today, Auntie." I replied, earning a giggle from her.

"Sit, dear. Let's have some breakfast. I especially told the cook to prepare your favorite sandwich, cheesecakes, sausage rolls, and chicken drumsticks." She said, biting my lips and smiling at her.

"Wow. Thank you, Auntie." I replied, softly dragging the chair and sitting on it.

"Anything for my Lisa." She said, "So did you and Jackson have fun choosing what to wear tonight?" She asked.

Nodding my head, wiping my mouth with a napkin, "My feet were sore walking around trying every dress and heels. I don't want to experience that ever again." I answered, earning a laugh from her.

Placing a hand on mine, looking at her as our eyes met, "Are you okay? I've heard that Jackson returned home with you unconscious." She asked, worriedly, "I'm sorry I didn't get to take care of you. I was on a meeting at that time and I got home pretty late." She added.

Placing my other hand on top of hers, giving her a reassuring smile, "No need to worry, Auntie. I'm okay. Jackson was there to watch over me." I replied, nodding her head.

"Let's continue eating, shall we?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"We shall." I replied, earning a giggle from her.

"Oh, by the way. I've already hired someone to do your makeup and hair, so no need to worry, okay?" She asked, shaking my head, "No buts young lady. They will arrive later in the afternoon." She added.

"Yes, ma'am." I replied, earning a chuckle from her.

"Good girl." She said as we both laughed.

The vibrating sounds of knuckles softly pounding against the wooden door of my room resonated through the walls. Opening my eyes, rubbing the sleep off, standing up as I reached for the door and opened it.

Two women and one man standing behind Auntie, "Oh, dear. Sorry for disturbing you but it's already time to prepare for the party." Auntie said, nodding my head, widening the door letting them inside my room.

"I'll let you take over. Make her the most beautiful woman out there." Auntie said to them, shaking my head.

"Of course, madam." The woman replied.

"I'll go then." Auntie said, the three of them nodded.

As Auntie left, the three of them faced me, "Hi, I'm Cristine." She said, reaching my hand out to her as she accepted it.

"Pleasure meeting you, Cristine." I answered. 

"She's EL and he's Arvin." She muttered, pointing at the other two.

Slightly bowing my head to them, "Hi, I'll be under your care." I said, earning a smile from them.

"Shall we start?" Cristine asked, nodding my head.

"We shall." I replied, EL ushered me to sit in front of the vanity.

"Can I see the dress?" Arvin asked.

"Sure. Excuse me." EL nodded, standing up as I took the dress placing it on my bed, Arvin nodded, rubbing his chin.

"Nice choice." He commented, smiling at him as I sat back down on the chair.