Chapter 11.

Before she knew it, Y/N found herself waking up in Miranda Priestley's bed. The light from the window across from her bed creeped in softly, bringing colour and life back to the world. Miranda lay there softly, almost humming peacefully within her sleep, Y/N gazed at the beauty before her and brushed a hair out of Miranda's face softly. Miranda stirred softly and her perfect periwinkle eyes fluttered open to see Y/N smiling softly down at her. "What a sight to wake up to Priestly." Miranda blushed softly at Y/N's words. Y/N caressed Miranda's soft, pearly cheek lovingly, gazing deeply into her eyes. Miranda returned the favour and sat up slowly, taking a hand around the back of Y/N's neck. "I love you Y/N." She said as she gently ran her fingers over Y/N's smooth neck. "I love you too Miranda Priestly, more than you could ever imagine." Miranda's eyes stung slightly with tears, she didn't hold them back, they ran down her milky cheeks leaving behind a moist trail. Y/N wiped her tears and pulled Miranda in tightly for a passionate hug. Y/N nuzzled herself in the crook of Miranda's neck, taking in a deep breath of her hypnotic perfume, letting her lungs feel Miranda's beautiful scent within them.

******************************************************

The office of Runway was quiet for the next few weeks, as everything seemed to be flowing somewhat smoothly. Miranda and Y/N's little "thing" remained between them, and, Nigel. They knew he wouldn't tell a soul about them, although he would make them endure hours of endless intolerable teasing. Y/N found this humorous, Miranda found it to be an irritation, though, she still loved Nigel dearly as he was her oldest, and longest friend.

******************************************************

Y/N sat on her leather couch sipping at her cup of tea occasionally whilst reading her book for entertainment. Miranda sat in her office perched in her chair leaning back, whilst thinking of Y/N. She played with the cap of pen in thought, and gave into a decision and reached for her phone to dial Y/N's number, with a slight bit of hesitation before pressing the "call" button, giving into the hesitation once more. Y/N quickly placed down her tea and book and jogged over to her phone, smiling once seeing Miranda's name show. She answered.

Y/N: "Hello?"

M: "Hi, I um I am sorry for disturbing you dear, I just wanted to hear your voice.."

Y/N: "Oh? That's fine Miranda, is everything okay?"

M: "If I am speaking to you as my assistant then yes, I am perfectly fine."

Y/N: "And if you were to be speaking to me as your.. lover?"

M: "Well then, truthfully no. The twin's father has gained full custody of the twins after a long battle in court, and, even though deep down I know it is the right thing for them, I just..." Miranda began to quietly sob through the phone, Y/N wanted to hold her tightly within her arms.

M: "And god... I miss you, I.. I miss you."

Y/N: "I am so sorry Miranda. I am going to come over now, yes?"

M: "Thankyou.."

****************************************************

Y/N never got the chance to have children herself so she couldn't possibly imagine what it would feel like to loose your own, but what she did know is that she should be there for Miranda, to silently comfort her by giving her a shoulder to cry on and arms to lie within. She without hesitation left her apartment with nothing but her handbag, and headed to Miranda's townhouse.

***************************************************

Y/N knocked on the door, and Miranda opened it to reveal herself in her silk robe, tears still streaming down her moist face. Her nose and cheeks were now not their usual pearly white colour, they were now a soft pink due to the tears. Y/N dropped her bag inside and took Miranda into her arms, letting her sob quietly into her hair. Y/N caressed Miranda's silver locks, running her fingers through them.

She sat with Miranda on the sofa and they didn't speak a word of the twins or work, or anything really. They simply cuddled with one another and enjoy each other's company.

*********************************************************************************************

Hi all, I know this is a really bad and short chapter but I felt bad about not updating for a while, I couldn't find the motivation I'm sorry. I hope you liked this though. Lots of love to you all, stay safe xx.