02 | family reunion

Note: I just wanted to say they come and get you after they get Gilgamesh and Thena

Present day
Somewhere in the mountains
Third persons pov

  Years after the eternals split up and everyone went their own ways. The same threat that they thought they got rid of came back but this time led by their leader Kro.

...

The snow was thick, the air was crisp and the sun was slowly setting.

Y/N walked along her house trying to find signal but her TV just wouldn't work.

She groaned and set the TV down. She has been trying to get this stupid TV to work for hours.

So she decided to just go for a walk even though there was nothing but snow and trees for miles.

She got her coat, her boots and her mittens.

As she walked along the snow the sun was almost set but she she kept walking not even noticing the movement behind her.

She was starting to get tired so she decided to go back to her cabin and try to get the TV to work again.

But when she was walking back she heard a roar from behind her.

She froze. She hadn't heard that roar in centuries. Y/N slowly turned around and made eye contact with the thing she thought she got rid of a long time ago.

A Deviant.

As soon as the Deviant lunged for her she started running.

She hadn't used her powers in so long she was pretty sure she forgot how to levitate a simple rock.

She Deviant lifted its tail and rapped it around her waist lifting her up in the air.

She groaned at how tight the deviant wrapped it's tail around her waist.

She frantically looked around and spotted a tree and tried her best to lift it off the ground.

But before she could do anything the Deviant lunged one of its tentacles at her stomach.

She froze and looked down at her stomach as the Deviant started absorbing her power.

She was feeling light headed. But she still tried her best to try and lift the tree but she was just too weak. Right when she thought she was a goner.

Lasers were shot at the Deviant making it drop her into the snow.

With her last bit of strength she slowly lifted her head to see blurs of what looked like to be people running towards her.

Then it all went black and her head dropped into the snow.

...

"Is she breathing?" Sprite asked as Gilgamesh stitched up Y/Ns stomach.

"You don't need to stich it It will heal" 
Y/N said groggily as she felt the pain in her stomach.

"What? But you can't heal?" Gilgamesh looked at her confused.

"A couple days ago I went for a walk and I walked into a branch that scratched my arm but it healed a couple minutes later I dont know how so don't ask" she groggily said as she slowly got up trying to avoid that conversation.

She lifted her shirt and saw how the cut was already healing.

"I'll be right back" Gilgamesh said and walked out of the room only to return a second later with Sersi.

"Ajaks dead" Y/N looked up at her shocked...

Or so everyone thought.

"How?" She asked.

"It was a Deviant" Sersi replied.

"When did they come back?" She asked Sersi

"A couple days ago have you not been watching the news?" Gilgamesh asked her.

"I live in the middle of nowhere do you think there's signal here?" Y/N frustratedly said to them.

"Right sorry before we continue with the deviant talk there's something I need to tell you" Sersi paused before continuing.

"Our existence is a lie."

__________________________
Published: 1/9/2021
Edited: 9/4/2022
630 words