𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫||𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐲

Start from the beginning

I nodded my head in response so the doctor turned around and left the room. Anxiety strangled me as I stared into his sapphire eyes. Anything could happen in the surgery.

Xavier furrowed his eyebrows probably noticing the slight panic in my eyes as he  gently pulled  me down onto his lap so now I was straddling him, "What's wrong?" He cupped my cheeks as his worried eyes scanned my face. 

Leaning my forehead against his, I whispered pleadingly, "Just please be okay,"

His minty breath fanned against my lips as he reassuringly whispered, "always."

Softly, he possessively pressed his lips on to mine making me immediately deepen the kiss as his hands grasped onto my ass eliciting a soft gasp from my mouth. He smirked against my lips as my hands made their way to his hair, gripping it tightly which caused a low groan to escape from the back of his throat.

I pulled away from our kiss and got off his lap causing him to groan in protest, "Shower," I pointed towards the bathroom door smiling at him.

He got up from the bed, towering over me, "Fine," He sighed, taking his hoodie off, revealing his defined back muscles and tattoos as he walked towards the bathroom.

꧁꧂

For the past 6 hours Xavier has been in surgery so I decided to gather information about the situation with his father from Pietro before he was finished. It had been bothering me ever since he mentioned that he was shot by his own father. All I wanted to know was why his father would do this.

"I'm not suppose to tell you anything Amara, I'm sorry," Pietro opened up a file, placing pieces of paper into it as we waited on the hospital chairs.

"So you're not going to tell me why my own husband was hit shot by his father?" I leaned back in my seat, taking a sip of my coffee, "You have to keep me in the loop if Xavier's life was at risk."

Pietro sighed, placing the file into his bag, "Look, It's not my place to say. Xavier will have to tell you himself,"

"Please Pietro," I turned towards him, putting my drink down on the floor, "I'm worried about him,"

"Okay fine," He huffed, turning his body towards me, "you can't tell him that I told you this,"

"Promise," I gave him a small smile to which  he returned.

"His dad has been begging for the mafia back for 4 years but Xavier had refused to give it to him because of what had happened to his mother."

So that's why his father did this, of course it was for power. All I know about his mother is that she died for a reason I am yet to find out. A reason that Xavier doesn't want to tell me.

"That's all I can tell you, I'm sorry." He sighed, running a hand through his white hair.

"No it's fine, thank you." It's enough information I needed. I just had to wait for Xavier to tell me himself rather than being disrespectful and snooping around.  I smiled at him, picking my coffee back up just in time for the doctor to walk in.

We turned our attention towards the doctor as soon as he walked into the waiting room.

"Mrs Hernandez, we've had a successful surgery,"
The doctor smiled, taking his gloves off, "your husband is in his room if you'd like to see him," He gestured towards his room door, "he may have some side affects because of the anaesthetics he was under before surgery so he might be a little drowsy."

"Thank you doctor," I stood up from my seat, throwing my coffee cup away as Pietro got up from his seat.

"Amara I have a meeting to attend too, I'll be back to pick you guys up," Pietro picked up his briefcase, typing away on his phone.

"Alright just text me," I patted his shoulder before walking over to Xavier's room.

Opening Xavier's room I saw him laying down with his phone in his hands assuming that he's watching something since I can hear voices coming from it. His eyes were droopy with deep circles underneath it and his face was paler than usual. He seems completely out of it.

"Hey," I walked up to him smiling as he turned his attention towards me, "you feeling okay?" I sat down on the chair beside his bed as he furrowed his eyes brows.

He rubbed his eyes, looking down at his phone, "I don't know," He mumbled, shrugging his shoulders.

"You don't know?" I chuckled, resting my elbows onto the bed as I gazed up at him, "What're you watching?"

"I don't know," It came out more like a question as he stared at his phone, furrowing his eyebrows. My God-

I peered over at his phone to find that he's watching funny cat completions, "Seriously Xavier?" I burst out laughing making him glare at me.

"It's funny," He deadpanned, staring at me with a straight face.

"You aren't even laughing," I said in between laughs, smiling up at him.

"Leave me alone," He mumbled, pulling the blankets further up himself, "can we leave? I've been stuck in here for God knows how long and it's driving me insane," He threw his phone to the side and ran both of his hands down his face.

"Soon," I reached up and ruffled his hair, giving him a small smile, "I got you this since you can't really eat yet," I gave him a bottle of water.

"Thanks," He took the bottle from me, taking a long sip before putting it to the side and sitting up slightly, "I need to talk to Pietro, have you seen him?" He looked at me through hooded eyes.

I sighed, "I just spoke to him, everything's fine," I got up from my seat.

"Everything's not fine," He rolled his eyes, pulling the covers off himself and getting off the bed making me rush over to his side.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I held his shoulders, furrowing my eyebrows at his stupidness.

"Leaving?" He moved around me, grabbing his duffel bag.

"I don't know whether you noticed dumbass, but you've just had surgery!" I whispered yelled to make  sure no one heard us as I walked  over to him as he ruffled through his bag.

"Didn't notice that, thanks," He gave me a sarcastic smile as he looked at me over his shoulder.

I placed my hand over his, "Relax, okay? You'll be out soon," I sighed

He looked at me hesitantly before nodding his head slightly making me sigh in relief. He then pulled out a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt from his bag before turning to me, "You gonna leave or watch?" He put his sweatpants on before pulling on the strings off his hospital gown, revealing some of his toned chest.

I smirked, crossing my arms over my chest, "Nothing I haven't seen before," I watched as his eyebrows raised slightly at my comment before he took the gown fully off causing my eyes to subconsciously travel down his chest to his abdomen where a white bandage laid.

He then put his arms through the holes of his shirt before pulling it over it head and down his body.