Chapter 9:

She aims her hand in front of me, slapping me across my cheek as I fall on my backside once again. I heard the gasps of the crowd and yet no one even tried to help me or stop this whole mess. I rubbed my cheek softly, murmuring curses to myself before trying to stand up only for her to hit me on my stomach. Her hands grabbed my waist harshly as I stumbled, almost losing my balance.

And I thought that this was going to be a better day.

"You stole everything from me!"

She yells back, slapping the side of my face with the back of her hand as this causes me to fall back on the floor once more. I didn't know what was wrong with her head. Why did she treat Jungwoo that way if she'd only want him back? Is she crazy?! This doesn't even make sense at all.

But then, I remembered something important. I guess I was in trouble now and maybe it's time to try what that cat-boy told me. It seemed stupid in my head but what if it actually does something nice for me? I crawled towards my backpack quickly to escape from her brutality, unzipping it as I pulled out the handkerchief. I started waving the handkerchief aggressively in the air, causing Chaeyoung to stare at me weirdly.

"What are you doing? Get up from the floor, you fucking weirdo..."

She orders, crossing her arms as she furrows her brows. I noticed how she looked at me observingly, scanning every single thing I did as she scowled in frustration. The girl walked away with her friends doing the same thing at me, making annoyed looks and such. After waving the handkerchief up in the air like it was a flag, I got up from the floor in shame, making my way back to my seat as more students entered the classroom. Surprisingly, Mr. Choi comes in with three other students that don't really look familiar.

Oh, they must've been the transferees.

"Good morning class! Today, we'll welcome the new students from different sides of the world!"

He excitedly announces as all of us started to clap in response. I couldn't really see their faces properly as I'm sitting in the backseat. That's why I decided not to pay attention and sulked alone instead.

Why am I sulking in the backseat like a child? It's because that cat might've tricked me into looking stupid.

But at least it kind of worked because Chaeyoung actually moved away. If I didn't look stupid then, I'd be beaten into a pulp now since no one would help me. Well, I guess Jeongguk would've but we're not in the same level or at least Jungwoo would've but he's not here. He's probably late or he skipped classes on purpose.

Because of those thoughts about that cat, I literally didn't even care about the new students. The conclusion of being alone all the time kind of already got into me. It's been weeks already and I hadn't made a single friend but maybe that's because I didn't want to. I mean, how could I trust people who are capable of ruining my entire reputation when people in this city don't even know me?

Why am I so afraid? I don't even know either.

Everything that Mr. Choi said in front of the class seemed like a blur to me. I was quite distracted. If I just didn't move here then, things would've been a lot better. At least I know the people at my place. I wouldn't have a problem with giving them my trust because none of them are trustworthy enough. They'd tell me that my mother died a lunatic so I could've put up with that better.

"You may now pick your seats before classes start."

I heard Mr. Choi tell the students as they walked towards the empty seats. Surprisingly, someone sat beside me for the first time, and unfortunately, it was a guy. I still wasn't completely over Jungwoo's actions towards me so it bugged me a lot. I moved away from the new student beside me, plugging in my earphones as I tucked my head under my arms, not wanting to show my face. I didn't want to be a target again...