A fateful encounter

I was walking home from school one night, a scarf wrapped around my neck and headphones over my ears. It was chilly outside; winter had begun it's weary decent upon my small provincial town. Snow crunched under my feet as I walked below a dim street lamp. My mind had wondered elsewhere, I was rather content watching a fluffy black cat walk along a brick fence a metre or so up the road, I wasn't paying attention and bumped into a tall, dark stranger.
He had electric blue hair and a fire in his eyes, he was oddly dressed for the weather, wearing a suit coat and tight black trousers. Was he not cold? Yet I could tell there was a certain passion in him, one that most likely kept him warm against the harsh weather.
"O-oh," I stuttered, being thrown out of my daydream rather rudely at that only just regaining my wits, "I'm sorry, I should've been paying attention,"
He took a second to respond, I could feel his eye studying me, looking me up and down for a moment.
"Don't worry about it, I was the one who bumped into you," he bent down to retrieve my bag for me, now damped with snow "Now my dear, what are you doing out so late?" His voice was rich, heavy even, not quite commanding or loud enough to be frightening but a calm but projected voice. I felt comforted.
"Ah, I had an after school club, a skating club, just saying that... I think I've forgotten my board in the bike rack again, gosh I'm so forgetful." I covered my cheeks with my mitten clad gloves in a frightful state of embarrassment, I could feel my face heat up in shame.
"Not to worry, I'll walk you there and home, you shouldn't be out this late on your own, do your parents not worry?" He raised an eyebrow with concern whilst dragging a hand through the tips of his frost coated hair,
"Actually... my parents died in a tragic accident two years ago, this happens to be the anniversary of that, that might explain why I'm feeling so lost. But thank you, that's very kind of you."
We began to walk back in the direction of my school, the only light coming from broken and creaking lampposts that littered the streets. It was only then that the snow began to fall again and I felt a shiver down my spine, my uniform never was good against the elements. Too warm in summer and too cold in winter, the handsome stranger seemed to notice.
"Something the matter?" He started, looking at me with round, handsome eyes full of concern,
"A-ah it's nothing..." I muttered pulling my scarf tighter around myself, "I suppose I'm just a bit chilly."
"You should've said so." He took off his jacket and passed it to me gingerly.
"Oh no I couldn't, then you'd be cold." I stammered, atleast I had my blazer, he was simply in a white button down shirt. He would've been ever so cold.
"Don't mention it, as long as you're warm I'm not fussed." I took his jacket somewhat eagerly, it had an odd smell about it, almost like roses.
The jacket was far too big for me however, the rim fell about my knee's and the sleeves flipped over my hands, at least I was warm now.
I took a moment to look up at the stars, gosh it was a beautiful night, the sky was clear and the stars looked like glitter against the inky darkness. I wish I could be like those stars, bright, beautiful, something to be admired, to be cared for. Like my father never could.
We eventually made it back to the school and I picked up my skateboard, she was covered in snow and ice, frozen to the touch. I was lucky I was wearing gloves otherwise my fingers might've hurt.
"Right, shall we go?" He began beginning to turn on his heels,
"A-ah, wait." I started, tripping over my words and nearly my own feet as I called out to him, "Your name, you never told me your name. M-mine's Y/N."
"You should know better than to tell strangers your name my dear." He turned around, a darkness in his grin, he clicked his fingers and I felt the world around me fade, my senses beginning to fail me. The world fell into darkness.
And I passed out...