The room was dead silent, and unfortunately Stefan chose that exact moment to enter the room.

"Lucy!" said Stefan in shock, his eyes set on the dagger in her hand which was still right above the heart of Damon. "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like, Stefan?" she said in anger. "I'm teaching him a lesson."

"By killing him?"

Her jaw clenched in anger. "Well, it's upon you to decide. Considering how he is the one who killed Lexi, in case you forgot."

"I didn't forget anything." he said firmly. "But I guess you are forgetting that he is my brother."

"Did you ever ask him why he did that?" said Lucy, dropping the stake to the ground with a loud clunk. "Or did it stop bothering you altogether?"

"Let's keep the emotional family chat for later on, shall we?" interrupted Rebekah making Lucy scoff as Stefan took a deep breath, the tension still high in the room.

"Why are you here, Stefan?" asked Klaus.

"I'm here to make a deal. Eight stakes, made of white oak. The part of Wickery Bridge that you forgot to burn." offered Stefan as Klaus looked at Lucy and Rebekah accusingly.

"That's impossible." said Rebekah.

"Not possible" added Lucy.

"Actually it's not," said Stefan. "Finn's dead."

"You killed my brother?"

"Damon in exchange for the last eight weapons that could kill you." said Stefan, looking directly at Klaus, not paying any kind to Rebekah's accusation.

"Let's be certain, shall we?" said Klaus, heading to Damon and prompting him to to leave but he repeatedly denied, so he restored to compulsion.

The excessive bleeding had drained out all the vervain in Damon's system and he had to comply, the effects of compulsion taking place as he began trying to pull his hand out of the animal trap it was encased in with immense effort, his actions only hurting him more.

"Wow, so you could finally be compelled." smirked Klaus, moving forwards to compel the answer out of Damon. "Minus the stake that's in my brother, how many more stakes are out there that can kill me?"

"Eleven." croaked out Damon with loads of effort as Klaus turned back to Stefan.

"Eleven!" he exclaimed sarcastically. "Really? So not eight, then."

"You really shouldn't have lied." commented Rebekah.

"I'll get you the other three." said Stefan.

"Oh, that would be nice. Or since you lied, maybe I'll just compel your brother to chew out his own tongue."

"What is wrong with you?"

"What is wrong with you !?!" exclaimed Klaus in anger. "Do you really have no appreciation for me? I have given you someone to hate, to loathe. A target for all of your anger! So you don't have to turn it on yourself. I have given your life a purpose, as your friend."

Klaus' words held the bitter truth behind the last few months of Stefan's life. And everyone knew and understood that every word that came out of Klaus' mouth was true, Stefan knowing it more than anyone else.

"I really think you should be thanking me." said Klaus, a humorless laugh accompanying his words.

Stefan's anger got the best of him as he sped towards him, slamming him against the wall, attempting to embed the ninth white oak stake in Klaus' heart but Klaus kept the stake away from his heart, his hand gripping Stefan's wrist tightly as anger swam through his eyes.