The girl took one glance at Qi Baicha's face before feeling embarrassed from looking, afraid that if she looked for a second longer, her heartbeat would go crazy on the spot.

She looked down at the young man's slender and white hands, wondering, was this a senior in the piano department?

"I'd like to inquire about something." Qi Baicha asked, "Do you know Meng Xing?"

From what he heard from a few students' discussion from the previous night, Meng Xing seemed to be quite famous in this school. He just didn't know if it was a good kind of famous.

"Meng Xing?" The girl was stunned. "Who in this school wouldn't know? He used to be first in the composition department." It was clearly an honor, but she used a mocking tone.

"And after he made such a big disturbance yesterday, even the principal was alarmed..." The girl said, "Mister, you aren't from our school, right? No one in our school doesn't know him."
t/n: the "mister" she uses is 小哥哥, which literally translates to "little older brother"

"What happened to him?" Qi Baicha asked, paused, and then said, "I indeed am not from this school. My younger sister is studying here, and she often mentions how good her school's Meng Xing is. I'm not interfering with her love, but I should be a proper older brother, and I'd have to ask about the situation, so that I can rest assured."

My goodness, checking for your own sister, what kind of Chinese brother was this!

The girl was already secretly envying the young man's sister. If she had such a gentle and handsome older brother, she wouldn't think any other boy would be as good-looking at all!

"Then you should still persuade your sister. She must've been blinded by Meng Xing. Although Meng Xing is good-looking and talented, he doesn't have good morals. This talent of his might not be real either..."

Qi Baicha said: "I would like to hear the details."

The girl cupped her palm by the edge of her mouth and whispered, "He plagiarized."

Qi Baicha: "... Huh?"

"I heard from seniors in the composition department that he's usually very arrogant and never communicates with other people in the department. Many people in the school can't stand him. But he's a genius, so his arrogance is understandable." The girl said, "I originally thought like that, but the manuscript he handed over to the instructor at the end of last semester was actually copied. This is a matter of principle. Anyway, I can't tolerate..."
translated by sno + posted on https://sites.google.com/view/xuehuatls/ameg, please do not aggregate!
"Who did he plagiarize?" Qi Baicha asked.

"Just saying it is ridiculous. If he wanted to plagiarize, he should've been more lowkey about it, but he actually dared to plagiarize Qin Yirou and Liu Kaisheng's 'Lingering Affection.' He didn't even change a single note throughout the whole melody. It was simply too blatant. Saying that he copied would be letting him off lightly, that was just direct theft of intellectual property... He even dared to plagiarize such a popular song, did he think that we were all deaf? Who doesn't know that Qin Yirou is the composer of 'Lingering Affection'... Yet he still deliberately insisted on saying that he wrote it himself. He dared to do it but didn't dare to acknowledge it, really making people look down on him." The girl shook her head, "I heard that he was making a fuss about suicide yesterday, so much drama. Ah him, he's now a complete joke at our school."

Qi Baicha nodded slightly: "I see, thank you." He wanted to leave after conversing.

"Hey, mister, what's your sister's name, which department is she in, I can help you keep an eye on her at school, that kind of person isn't worth liking." The girl stammered, "Why don't we... exchange WeChats or... phone numbers?"