lock in - kang sae byeok

fair warning this imagine is about 2k words long

quick question (which totally doesn't affect my next imagine): friends to lovers? or enemies to lovers?

again, you guys are teenagers in this
also i got the idea for this oneshot from an episode of a nickelodeon show i watched as a kid

i think it was school of rock?
idk my brain is weird

didn't spell check this so i hope it's fine
_______
the school decided to raise money for charity, and the student body president ali abdul had an amazing idea: a school lock in.

what's a lock in, you ask? it's like a huge sleepover for the whole school. there would be a mini fair in the school football yard, games, movies, snacks, and a lot more.

ali figured that a lot of people would be into that, and the school would earn a lot of money to donate. his idea worked perfectly as pretty much all the tickets got sold out.

everyone was excited. especially two girls in particular: han mi nyeo and ji yeong. they had a master plan to set up their best friends, y/n y/l/n and kang sae byeok. besides, they'd be forced to hang out together in school anyways. what could go wrong?

oh boy. you're gonna find out pretty soon.

y/n just broke up with her girlfriend pacifica. the breakup ended pretty badly, to say the least. pacifica cheated on her with her other ex. it was one big fat mess and mi nyeo and ji yeong were glad that y/n got herself out of it.

to be honest, y/n always had a crush on sae byeok. but the short raven haired girl sucked at showing her feelings, which is why mi nyeo and ji yeong had to step in to take care of the problem.

the lock in was on a friday night, which came sooner than anticipated. several high schoolers trotted back to school at around 7pm, all with duffel bags with their essentials (and the snacks they smuggled in. they knew the school would feed them healthy snacks like carrot sticks. and let's be real: nothing compares to gummy bears and chocolate chip cookies.)

y/n agreed to meet up with her friends at school. she quickly found a nice quiet spot at the corner of the gym where they would be sleeping and set up her sleeping bag, and a cute pink lantern, cause why not?

ji yeong soon showed up, hand in hand with her boyfriend ali. (cuz it's fun shipping characters)

"wassup sae byeok's future wife!" the girl yelled and her boyfriend had to put his hand on her mouth to keep the whole hall from hearing them.

"scream louder why don't you? sae byeok could have heard you!" you hissed at her and smacked her with your pillow. mi nyeo came too and laid her sleeping back. so soon there was a circle with all your sleeping bags, and the lantern and a speaker in the middle.

the lock in was not only for raising money, but also to allow students to bond with one another. when more people started piling in, the teachers opened the fair and everyone rushed to it.

there were classic fair games, food and so many other things. sae byeok soon caught up with her friends: you, mi nyeo, ali, ji yeong, gi hun, and sang woo.

gi hun and sang woo were getting everyone cotton candy, while the others were waiting in the line of the bumper car ride.

the principal was friends with some fair owners, who she borrowed the equipment from. thank god for that.

y/n took a quick look at the whole scene, taking it all in. she accidentally bumped into sae byeok and the raven haired girl had to grab the y/h/c girl so that she wouldn't fall. mi nyeo luckily got that on camera and DEFINITELY didn't post it on her private story on snapchat (and she definitely didn't caption it as "soulmates i swear 🥰😍")