secrets - jung ho yeon part 2

RECAP:

she was enraged. she talked to her girlfriend so many times about this, why could she still not understand?! she needed to cool down, so she headed to the one (other) person who could calm her down when she was THIS angry.

her best friend, jennie.
____ 
ho yeon was in her car driving to jennie's place. she was enraged and knew that she was the only person who could calm her down at that point. she soon reached and parked her car, jumping out of it and rushing up the steps to jennie's apartment.

she knocked on the door rapidly, and heard rushed footsteps from the other side. the door swung open, and jennie was standing there wearing her blue pyjamas with little donuts on them.

"ho yeon! it's the middle of the night, is everything okay?" she opened the door a little wider so that ho yeon could come in.

she sat down on the couch and jennie went to her kitchen to make ho yeon and herself some hot cocoa. she quickly prepared the drink and poured it into two mugs, bringing them to the living room and setting them down on the coffee table in front of the couch.

"now will you stop sulking like a child whos ice cream just fell down and tell me what happened?" she grabbed her mug and sipped on the hot cocoa, as ho yeon drank hers and explained her fight with y/n.

"she's being unreasonable! i mean she's a doctor she doesn't know what it's like to be famous and gay at the same time! you remember how hard it was for you and jisoo to
come out right?"  (i had to)

jennie hummed in thought, trying to phrase her thoughts in a way that won't tick off ho yeon more. she was already in a bad mood. ho yeon was typically a ball of sunshine so it was rare to see her THIS mad.

"well, try to think of it from her perspective" ho yeon jolted up and glared at her but before she could speak jennie cut her off.

"ah ah ah let me finish!" jennie threw a pillow at her and continued. "you and y/n have been hiding your relationship for how long now?"

"5 years"

"she's been in love with you for five long years and hasn't been able to show it in public."

"well she's not the only one! i've had to hide it too!"

"what's your job again?"

"i'm a model slash actress...?"

"what does y/n work as?"

"she's a surgical resident, she'll become a surgeon in a year,"

"so you as an actress meet a lot of famous people right?"

"yes...?"

"and as a model you're always surrounded by conventionally attractive people, right?"

"i guess so...?"

"so how do you think y/n feels about that?"

"she's very supportive of my job, i don't get the point you're trying to make,"

"hold on i'm getting there. so you spend a lot of time with attractive, famous people. while y/n isn't famous. how do you think she feels about the fact that her famous practically trending girlfriend is constantly around people that, according to her, are much more attractive than her?"

realisation slowly hit ho yeon. "she must feel really insecure, right?"

"exactly. and when you yelled at her for wanting to come out and tell the world that you guys are dating, how do you think she felt?"