Chapter 48 ~ Sleepover (1)

Start from the beginning

Maria-chan and Iris also introduced themselves to Alicia-san as my knight and my maid. Maria-chan, especially, seemed to be very excited to be acquainted with her.

Well, as a maid, Alicia-san is considered one of the best in her field, after all, considering she's serving as the crown princess's personal maid. Even Anne seems to respect her a lot, just like how she did with Emily, the Queen's personal maid.

They're the epitome of maids in the kingdom.

Soon, Kiara arrived and she immediately trotted over to our embrace, hugging both Lily and I in a tight hug.

Ufufufu~ She's such an angel as usual~ Even Lily is melting to her cuteness~!

Then one by one, Evelyn and Celine, Illya, Noir, and Valerie-chan soon arrived as well and joined us in the parlor. All of their luggage has been placed in their respective guest rooms, and they came with only one personal maid each, considering it is a private event that I conducted for the first time.

"Alterisa-chan~ Thank you very much for inviting us~ I have been looking forward to this ever since you sent the invitation~"

"I-I only come because it seems interesting, okay! No one have ever invited anybody to a sleepover, so I'm just curious. Don't misunderstand!"

"Ufufufu~ Don't mind her~ Celine is just nervous, right~?"

"WHO IS NERVOUS?!"

"Risa-chan~!!! Hello~!!! Thank you for inviting me ~!!! I'm so excited!!! This is my first time sleeping over in a friend's house!!!!"

"A-Alterisa-sama, t-thank you very much for inviting me! I-I feel so happy to be able to spend the entire day and night with you!"

"R-Risa-sama, thank you very much for inviting me on this occasion! I-I will be in your care!"

Ah~!!!! I'm in heaven~!!!!

Evelyn, Celine, and Valerie all looked super excited! Illya and Noir also seemed to be very happy even though they're quite nervous!

Everyone also introduced themselves and greeted Lily formally with a curtsy, but all formalities slowly started becoming less and less as Lily told them to relax in this private event.

She was extremely excited to get to know each and every one of them and talked with everyone plenty. After all, they're characters from the game she loves so much. Meeting them like this was just like a dream come true for her.

They were all quite surprised by Lily's friendliness, and because I'm extremely close with her, they also relaxed slightly and we began to have loads of fun!

Of course, by that, I mean having tea like young noble ladies do when meeting friends~

Lily, Evelyn, Celine, and Valerie then had fun chatting amongst each other with each other while Noir, Illya, and I shared our impressions of the romance and fantasy novels I had Anne brought over from the library.

As Illya and Noir read it for a while, I couldn't help but glance towards them. Now that I'm seeing Lily with other real noble ladies, I could finally see how well she's adapting to her new life. She's acting like a truly gentle, kind-hearted, and elegant princess. She blends in perfectly with real noble ladies like Evelyn while also having an undeniable charisma of a princess.

T-That's amazing... I could act like a prince, but I don't think I could act like a princess as Lily does.

Hm... Should I ask Lily to teach me how to act like a princess?

I mean... I am engaged with Alexus. Though it's a secret now, the fact remains. Moreover, it will be announced in a few months.

...I may need to.

"Alterisa-sama...? Are you okay?"

"R-Risa-sama...?"

"A-Ah! I'm sorry, hehehe~"

I quickly shook my head and smiled at Illya and Noir who were looking at me worriedly.

"Oh, that's right!"

I quickly picked up one of the dishes from the table. It was the one with a round chocolate cake with a flat top and cocoa powder covering it.

"Noir, Illya, try this! I came up with this a few days ago and had our chef prepare it for today!"

"E-Eh? Can we really?"

"Of course~ Please tell me what you think, okay? If you like it, let's have this as dessert for lunch~!"

"Y-Yes!"

"T-Then, we will try it. Thank you very much."

I handed the plate to Noir after she put the leather-covered novel on the table and Illya scooted even closer than before when they're reading together. Their eyes locked onto the cake with glittering eyes.

Noir picked up the spoon, nervously for some reason, and slowly cut the cake.

"Wooww!! T-There's liquid chocolate in it!"

"U-Uwaaahh! That's so amazing! It is the first time I've ever seen such a dessert!"

Fufufu~! They're amazed as expected! Surprise, great success!!!

Well, of course, they're surprised! After all, there isn't any lava cake in this world! Even our household's chefs and pastry makers were all shocked when I proposed to them this recipe.

"Mnnnhh~ The chocolate is so velvety and it complements the sweetness of the soft cake so well~ It's so delicious, Alterisa-sama!"

"U-Uhn~ I-It's the best chocolate cake I've ever had...!"

"Ehehehe~ I'm glad you two liked it~"

"Ah!! Risa-chan, Illya-chan, Noir-chan! What are you guys eating! How unfair!!!"

Noticing our little taste test, Valerie-chan pouted and immediately approached us. Lily, Evelyn, and Celine were also looking at us with curious gazes.

"Ah, everyone~ Please come and try~ It is Alterisa-sama's newest creation~ It's very delicious~!"

"Woooowww~ There's chocolate coming from inside! It's so cool~!!"

Everyone then began to surround the cake and took a bite each. All of them immediately fell in love with it, and thus, the dessert for lunch was decided then and there.

AN: I hope you guys enjoy this chapter~! Please vote and comment your thoughts~!