Chapter 33 • Unconditional Love

Start from the beginning

After putting away the rings I brought outside I pick a outfit before washing my face with cold water to hopefully bring the puffiness down.

Luca texted me earlier and told me how Lilli and her family will be going is for dessert so I was excited for that. Thanksgiving break started three days ago and since then I haven't heard anything from Lilli she told me how she was busy with her family and I wouldn't be able to get a hold of her for a few days and she was right, I didn't notice much because I was also busy but I still missed her.

I get changed into a blue somewhat bulky sweater tucked into a blue and faded yellow plaided skirt paired with black fuzzy socks and black sneakers.

 I kept my hair down and just put in a simple black headband to keep it out of my face

After getting ready I head downstairs to see the food already set on the table. Normally I wouldn't think anything of it but everyone's already left after 'helping' make the food.

"Hey! You look cute." I jump startled and turn to see Matteo leaning against the door while wiping his hands with a towel.

"Hi... I didn't think you guys would be back yet." I said sheepishly.

He rolled his eyes while turning to walk back towards the kitchen. "Try not to sound so excited to see me."

Upon following him to the kitchen I discovered that all of my brothers came home early and took the liberty to set up the table.

"Hey Ella love the decorations!" Luca smiled while kissing the crown of my head.

"Yeah you did a good job kid." Leonardo ruffled my hair as he walked by me, I just stared at him so shocked that he interacted with me first that I didn't even fix my hair.

I followed them into the singing room and watched silently as they all started grabbing the food to put onto they're plates. The only other person who still has an empty plate was Lorenzo who was staring at me with calculating eyes.

He stared at my empty plate then looked around the table at each of our brother before clearing his throat getting the attention of the rest of the table.

"Aren't you going to say what your thankful for?" I spoke up since Enzo wasn't going too.

Realization crossed each of they're faces before looking around as if asking 'who's gonna go first?'.

"I'm thankful that we have an amazing sorella who made this day the best thanksgiving we've had in a really long time." Matteo was the first to speak and words made me blush and look down with a timid smile.

"Okay, I'm thankful for getting to eat this delicious food." Emilio said while stuffing his face with more.....well stuffing.

After looks of disgust and amusement went around the table towards Emilio, Luca went next. "Well I'm thankful to be the best looking sibling here."