Chapter 32 • Awkward

Start from the beginning

"Do you need um, help?" Lio mumbles as we walk into the store.

Shaking my head I rush past him and towards the area with pads and tampons and a bunch of other women hygiene products that I have no clue about what's good or not.

My mom bought them for me and I have no idea what kind or size to get, I didn't even know pads and tampons came in different sizes until just now.

Maybe I should've done some research first.

I've heard pads aren't that great for hygiene but tampons look slightly scary. I grab a box of both without even checking the size just wanting to get out of there.

No matter how normal it is I can't help but get embarrassed walking around the store carrying a box of tampons and pads.

I sluggishly walk toward my brother just ready to go home and curl under my covers. While both Emilio and Luca are ready to check out Antonio eyes what I grabbed before stopping us from getting in line.

"You got super plus sized tampons and light pads with no wings." He raised an eyebrow while studying the products.

I blush looking down. "Yeah?"

"They're two different sizes, is it light or heavy?" He inquired.

"I- what?" My eyes widen at his question not wanting to say that much information about my period to anyone let alone my brother.

"Never mind I'll be right back." I watch him walk away with the two boxes before turning back to Luca and Lio who are both staring at the ceiling with odd postures.

After a couple of minutes of being impatient Toni finally comes back carrying a bag of items he already bought.

"Here, come on let's go." Graciously taking the bag I follow them out and into the car before looking at the contents inside the bag.

He bought me two boxes of always maxi pads one regular and the other overnight both with wings, whatever that means. Apparently he didn't just buy me pads but also three Hershey's chocolate bars with one containing almonds.

Catching Antonio's eye in the mirror I flash him a small smile getting a nod in return with a twitch of his lips.

As embarrassing as it is having my brother buy them for me I couldn't help but think how sweet it was of him and also wonder how he knows so much about woman's hygiene products.

Finally back home after an awkward car ride I'm in my room buried in fuzzy blankets while going through the things Antonio got me when I hear a knock on the door.

Speak of the devil.

Antonio enters my room with my laptop which I must have left in the living room while doing homework.

"Thank you!" I gratefully take it from him to charge it.

I turn back around to find him sitting on my bed while eating some of the chocolate he got me.

He breaks a chocolate bar in half giving me the other one as I sit next to him.

"So how are you feeling?" He cautiously asks.

"I- Im fine." I mumble through the chocolate in my mouth. One because it's hard to talk while eating and two because it's an embarrassing thing to talk about with your brother.

"Good good." We both just took another bite of chocolate.

"This is embarrassing." I groan while flopping down backwards on my bed.

He laughs nodding along with me. "It's fine I've done this before, granted not with my sister but it was just as 'embarrassing'."

That gets my attention as I peak through the finger covering me eyes. "Who?"

"Oh just Leila when we were hanging out she got it and didn't have anything so I ran to the store for her." He stole some of my fuzzy blanket getting comfy next to me.

"Why don't you date her if you like her so much?" One thing I've learned about Antonio is that he'd never put himself in an awkward or embarrassing situation on purpose unless he really cared about that person.

I guess he cares about me a lot too then.

He scoffs shaking his head in disbelief at me. "No I don't date I'm perfectly fine with the way our relationship is and so is she, trust me."

"Okay..." My sentence drifts off as I turn away from him. 

"No I know what your doing, your trying to make me doubt myself. You can't, I invented doing that to other people okay kid?" He narrowed his eyes at me awfully defensive about my one 'okay'."

"Totally!" I smiled at him while rearranging my blankets and getting comfy to fall asleep while he continued to stare at me through narrowed eyes.

"You know I don't remember being this annoying when I was your age." He mumbles while turning on my T.V.

I guess we're having a sleepover.

"Yeah well I have five other brothers who would disagree with that statement. Goodnight!" I flip over and close my eyes before he can respond.

With a smile on my face I hear him grumbling and whining until I fall asleep.

Thank you lovelies for reading!

This is just a filler chapter but don't worry we'll be getting some more drama soon enough ;)

I hope you all have an amazing day!

Next update will be November 25th Thursday.