XI. Identity Discovered

The hunters, Artemis, Thalia, and Jack made their way to the little Tiber. Jack was curious as to why Artemis and Thalia walked through the shallow river.

Thalia looked behind her when she didn't see Jack standing next to her, and found him on the other side. The frost child had taken a step into the river, but his foot never went under the surface.

"Jack?" Thalia calls out. His foot was placed on frozen water. Where his feet touched the water, it froze underneath him. When he took another step, the frozen water behind him had melted back to its original state.

"I'm not doing it on purpose." Jack looks up. His face held an expression of confusion. "I was just going to walk through like you."

Thalia extends a hand to Jack. "Come on Jack." She flashes a smile.

Jack takes her hand and she pulls him toward herself. 'Maybe Percy is doing this. Jack could still have a connection to Poseidon, and touching the water would be a bad thing.' Thalia thinks to herself.

Not removing her hand from Jack's, Thalia pushes her thoughts aside for the moment. "Let's go. There's a lot to see and learn." She smiles brightly at Jack. Thalia could feel the excitement of slowly bringing Percy back displayed on her face.

Jack sighs and sags his shoulders. "Who in their right mind likes to learn?"

"How else are you going to know more about me? You got to learn about my world and about me to know me Jack."

⚡️

The hunters were welcomed with open arms and a feast was to be held that night. In commemoration of the hunters' first visit to New Rome, the roman camp spared no expense.

The lone goddess and frost child heard plenty of talk along their way. Decorations were being brought out from storage. The kitchen staff was working overtime, and even those who lived in the city were preparing dishes to bring or deliver.

Thalia gave Jack a tour of the roman camp including the roman city. Jack was surprised that not only demigods, but even legacies lived in the city peacefully. However, even as they walked, Thalia noticed the stares some of the veteran legion members gave Jack.

The two of them decided to save the legion barracks for last knowing too many people will recognize Jack later.

As they walked, Thalia pointed and spoke of mythical world and the different aspects it encompasses. Jack listened well and even asked his own questions.

"So the Greek gods and the Roman gods are basically the same?"

"Yep." Thalia popped the 'P'. "Artemis is a special case though. Diana is her Roman half but since she only represents the moon, she flies the chariot across the sky."

Jack hums in understanding. "Then why do you call her 'Artemis' and the girls call her 'lady Artemis'?"

Thalia stops in her tracks and turns to look at Jack beside her. "I'm a goddess too. She asked me to stop calling her 'lady' as a form of respect to each other. The gods address each other informally because they acknowledge the power they separately wield."

"Sorry, you must miss looking up to her as a mother figure." Jack speaks up. "I know what that's like too you know."

Thalia's eyes narrowed in confusion. "You don't have a mom either?"

"Not anymore. Back then, maybe before your mortal ancestors, I had both parents. I think, at least. My dad went missing on a hunt and it was just my mom, sister, and me."

Jack crouched to the floor swirling his hand over the stone ground. Snow began to gather and ice formed figures of what Thalia assumed was his family. A woman, a cheerful teenager, and a shy girl.