III

It had become a sort of book club, reading the diary in the common room to all of his friends. Hoping one of them could help him figure out who J.P was.

"This is kinda sad..." Harry looked to Ginny with one eyebrow raised.

"What do you mean?" Ginny looked up to Harry quickly before looking away in a panic.

"Nothing... it's nothing" Harry nodded confused going back to the book in front of him.

Dear Diary

I haven't seen him since the night in the hallway, I don't really know what I'd say if I saw him anyways. "Sorry for touching you I should've remembered what your family is like?"

How do you apologize for wanting to be near someone, for wanting to hear them talk and see them smile...

How do you apologize when you don't even know why you want all those things.

"Hurry it up Prongs, what are you even doing?" James sat up slipping his diary under his pillow.

"Nothing, now stop complaining I'm already ready to go" James walked out of the dorm with the rest of the marauders.

James eyes trailed Regulus after he sat down in potions, watching him awkwardly shift around, figiting with his fingers while he stares at the open places to sit. James, or Marlene either option seems like a loose, loose but it's not like he could just stand.

"Mr Black sit with Mr Potter" Regulus jumped at the sound of professor Slughorn behind him before nodding, sitting down next to James with a sigh.

"Regulus-" Regulus looked at James with a blank expression.

"Just- don't" James nodded looking ahead to the beginning lesson. He couldn't stop looking at Regulus through the corner of his eye, the way he stared at the front of the room with an intense focus, or the way he stuck his tounge out of his mouth slightly as he took notes.

"Adorable..." Regulus looked at James with a confused look, making James turn red as he realized he said that outloud "uh... forget it"

"Okay..?" Regulus turned back to the lesson, James could see the red tint on his cheeks but brushed it off as his imagination.

"Mr Black, Mr Potter if you wish to have a conversation maybe it would be better if you had one outside of my class" James flushed nodding at Professor Slughorn going back to his notes.

Unbeknownst to James, Regulus was staring at him too.

_____

This chapter was late but... #yolo