Ch 23. Hands

Taehyung finds himself in the bed again, the one he felt once before under his weight as he squinted his eyes open. The rustling sounds waking him up in Jungkooks dorm

And he looks to his side, his blurred gaze gathering itself to stay on Jungkook, who's putting on his jacket. Taehyungs body slowly sitting up upon that.

"Go back to sleep, i'm going out"

Jungkook didn't even look at him when he talked, the sound of the other enough for him to know he had woken up. He had gathered a cigarette before he slowly put it in his jacket, and he was about to leave.

But Taehyung remembered, and he remembered what Jungkook witnessed yesterday. How he had understood who hurt him. And panic slowly struck him, even if his body just had woken up from the draining sleep.

So he didn't waste another second before he got up from the bed, the bonfire instantly leaving his skin.

Where are you going?

He didn't realize how caught up his own words were as he had hurried to write them on the piece of paper he found on the nightstand, his feet straddling over to Jungkook before he could leave the dorm.

And his gaze was filled with the thoughts, of already knowing where he was going. And he couldn't help, staining his chest in utter anxiousness as he watched the way Jungkook's piercing gaze didn't seem to falter to his piece of paper.

Instead it stayed on his cheek, the cut on his skin.

"Just out, don't worry about it"

Jungkook lowered out his eyes not seeming to leave the same place, and Taehyung furrowed his brows.

Don't worry about it? how could he not when he knew well Jungkook weren't just going out, not by the way he could see his fists still clenched under his arms, and his jaw hardening every second he looked at him

And it was killing him, eating him alive how the dark haired stood there. Lying to him and not baring to look at him.

So he doesn't know what's more difficult - and what was making his chest beat fast anymore when Jungkook stepped forward.

"You should get this patched up"

Jungkook seemed to ignore his words, and he seemed to ignore his attempts to stop him from going to his parents. But even so, Taehyung finds himself unable to catch himself in his own thoughts of what to do anymore.

Not when the dark haireds words were against the shell of his face, whispered low enough for only him to hear

And his rough fingers, had slowly came up to trace the cut on his cheek. His steps gathering to only come further to his beating heart than needed.

And Taehyung may have answered, finding himself writing at this second. But instead he's freezed to the spot, from how close their faces were and how he could feel the other's hand on the injury that should be hurting. But the touch was so gentle, almost to gentle for it to even be felt

But he still felt it, and his skin turned warm, flushed under the room when Jungkooks lips slowly came forward.

And his breath caught itself in his own throat when he felt the dark haireds lips replace the fingers on the cut on his cheek. The blonde's heart beating against his chest

Taehyung feels all the air knocked out of him, he had once again forgotten how he couldn't stop his cheeks from burning up whenever Jungkook was so close, and when he could feel his lips tracing his injured skin.

And his hands slowly coming down to rest on his hips, dwelling up to his waist until he could feel his cold touch slowly travel down slightly under his shirt

Panic struck him again when he felt them slowly coming up under his sweater, instantly - without thinking Taehyung pushes himself off Jungkook

His eyes shine with guilt, lips parted. He tried to get out an explanation to give.

"What is it?"

Jungkooks tone was harsh, and Taehyung dared to look up at him after he had pushed him off. And he found the dark haireds crease between his brows deepened as his eyes laid upon him.

But Taehyung only shakes his head lightly. And he feels knocked out. How, how was he going to explain why he is so afraid for him to let his hands under his shirt.

It's already been a year, but he still, doesn't want Jungkook to see it

"Lift up your shirt"

Jungkook was angry, he could see it. And if he wasn't already pissed before, he didn't dare knowing what he was now as he kept stepping towards him. Piercing eyes on his feared one's as he kept backing up.

But he didn't have time to even caught himself to try and find something to stop Jungkook, when he caught his wrist in his hard grip, before he lifted up the blonde's shirt in a motion.

And he held his breath, when he saw the change of Jungkooks expression.

And he knew, he never wanted to see Jungkooks face contorted with rage again,

As he saw the old scar painted across the center of his skin

Jungkook!

He wanted to yell after him, when he stormed out of the dorm. The door slamming shut in his ears

Paining fear striking Taehyungs endless heart