3.6

'chocolate theif'

'chocolate theif'

charlie was exceptionally happy the following morning after the trip to france, after she picked aimee up from her appointment with jean she got to school. as she looked through her locker headphones in ear she was caught off guard when a hand was placed on her shoulder. she turned to see jackson smiling in front of her, she decided not to tell jackson about the otis kiss till she figured out what she wanted with otis. "hello there gorgeous-" jackson grinned charlie took her headphone out and blushed. "hello there marchetti," when he took a step closer to conceal their conversation a bit from people walking around them she smiled even brighter. she knew of her feeling for jackson she liked him but she wasn't going to deny her admirable love for otis.

"charlie-" she turned peeking over jacksons shoulder to see otis, she sighed a bit with grin, "ill text you after trig, you can walk me to lunch yeah?" she asked him jackson just smiled ignoring otis's presence. "sounds good," he kissed the girls cheek before prancing off catching up to cal who just passed by. "hey," otis greeted hands stuffed in his pockets, charlie smiled up at the boy, "hello love," she greeted closing her locker behind her, otis just thought for a moment when he blurted out. "you ignored my call last night—" charlie looked back with a fake look of confusion she shook her head "sorry i went to sleep early last night love, long night."

truth was charlie saw his call, in fact she stared at it till the ringing stopped debating whether to answer it or not. "well are we still on for tomorrow?" he asked once again charlie winced at the thought she wanted to talk to jackson but was struck with a feeling of guilt and couldn't make it a topic in their conversation. "yeah, i'll text you later sound good?" she asked he nodded before she walked off stuffing her earphones back in her ears to try and think about how to talk to jackson.

at morning assembly it was brought to everyones attention that there were four student who were putting 'shame' to the mooredale name. cal who was a troublemake in the eyes of the headmistress. lily who was writing words of sin and made the paper cause of it. adam who was seen as unhygienic and a risk to his peers.

lastly charlotte made the list, it seems her anxiety made her a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. her sign wrote, "a negative influence, nerves put others on edge."

"it seems behind every little scheme that goes on here charlotte you always are behind it some how, you've caused nothing but disruptions with your panic attacks leaving others distracted." the headmistress spoke into the mic, as of now charlie was having a panic attack.

"please let me off the stage—" she whispered a tear rolling down her face. "read your sign." the woman snapped at the teen. charlie looked as her classmates whispered about the crying girl who was close to collapsing in fear.

"i am a negative influence—my nerves put everyone on edge—" she said with a shaky breath. "this isnt right, shes got a illness and you're making it seem like her fault!" otis yelled over the crowd as he watched the girl of his dreams become humiliated in front of the student body. "otis milburn, sit down or expulsion will be your next move!"

the boy just rolled his eyes before plopping into his seat. "okay, you may go back to class." charlie sat in her seat until the students rolled out, the sign on her chest made her feel disgusting in her own body. her own weakness was now presented to the student body making her a free punching bag to anyone who pleased.

after she finally got the courage to leave she say meave who was running out of the school. "meave what's wrong?" she asked looking as the girl panicked, "my mums took elsie they cant find her," she cried.

charlie grabbed the girls hand and ran of nodding, "lets go," she said finding sean who had the keys and sent the two off to meaves home.

charlie sat the rest of the day in a somber her head down as her sign sat promptly on her chest. at the end of the school day she found herself walking home when otis passed her, "no car today?" he asked her she shook her head "sean and meave needed it theyre still busy so im walking today." she said finally her sign was off her and in her bag where no one could see it.

otis then reached out towards the girl and handed her a helmet. "i dont mind giving you a lift—" she took the helmet and smiled "really?" she asked strapping it to her head. "yeah really—c'mon." she climbed on the back of his bike and wrapped her arms around his waist.

the ride was silent at some points charlie would grip tighter as he would make a turn or doing down hills. it was nice to be that close to him again, the way she held her arms around him felt natural and fitting.

otis finally came to the house the girl opened her eyes and peeked to see she was finally at her destination. "thanks again for the lift, and for standing up to the headmistress you didn't have to i know she can be a bitch." otis shook his head with a smile and a light blush coming onto his cheeks. "no she has no right to put you out like that in front of the school none of them honestly." she nodded knowing cal was only trying to make the school fair for their rights. "well thank you again means a lot, here's your helmet." she handed it back to him he grabbed it not letting go though the helmet seemed to be a way for him to not let go of her yet as they both held onto it tightly.

otis built up his courage to yank on the helmet and pull the girl closer to him, they stood close to one another the only thing between them was the helmet. "can i kiss you charlotte?" he asked quietly she took a second to respond but finally nodded her head. "yeah," she agreed in doing so otis leaned forward to feel the girls lips on his, they shared a moment only letting their feelings take over. inside the gibbs house will, taylor and ingrid watched through the window, "are they dating again?" will asked confused as he ate a chocolate bar fixing his glasses to make sure he was seeing it right.

"i don't think so, but it's about time they got back together sean owes me some money." ingrid said snatching the candy from her father as she walked back to her room. "ingrid i wasn't finished with that-" will groaned chasing after his oldest to retrieve his candy. taylor lingered in the window with a smile as her husband and oldest argues in the back. she was praying on the revival of the two's relationship she knew how happy it made charlie to be with otis. "will the two of yous' stop bickering!" taylor finally said marching up to put a stop to it.

charlie finally let back from the kiss and frowned, "what's wrong?" otis asked. "i have to talk to jackson, he has a right to know that i've been snogging with my ex." otis nodded she was right he knew jackson liked the girl and it was right for the two to sort things out before she made any decisions with otis. "yeah, you're right." he smiled his hand taking hers in his own. "i'll call you later how's that sound hm?" she asked him he nodded before she planted a kiss once more on his cheek. "see you tomorrow." she whispered before walking into her house. when she got in the house her mum was in the kitchen cooking while will and ingrid were still going on about a chocolate bar.

"what's got those two so twisted?" she asked her mum, taylor shook her head with a laugh. "ingrid stole your fathers chocolate, he's having a bit of a fit." they both laughed when they heard ingrids door shut making will groan out "theif!" he said walking down the steps to see charlotte.

"ah, charles my favorite daughter-" he said loudly enough for ingrid to hear, "i can still hear you!" ingrid shouted from her room with a hint of an attitude, "i'm aware of it!" he yelled back the two others just laughed at their commotion before charlie walked up to her room ignoring the bickering until she had to endure it at dinner.

helloooo my lovelies,

i know i've been suuuuper behind on updating but 2021 was a shit year for me i lost two people in the span of three months. so lets all give a big fat thumbs down for 2021 i hope all your new years and christmas's were amazing and i hope for nothing but the best for all of you beautiful people in the new year.

also i know this ones kind of eh, it's mainly fillers on charlie and otis but enjoy the new chapter.

xoxo, squints mwah.