3.5

'left at the loo with the ex'

a long bus ride and two naps on jacksons shoulders later charlie was finally in france. the girl was so excited to be anywhere but her hometown, she knew she would be at old war grounds but anywhere but there was better. "charlotte straighten your jacket—" miss sands told her making charlie look down it was already cleaned up.

jackson laughed as he watched her fix her jacket in a confused manner. "your tie is crooked," he said she only shook her head, from her angle it was straight. "it looks fine to me love—" she laughed, something in her mind clicked and suddenly she was bringing back all her nicknames. "jackson, charlotte, cal, and kyle." charlie looked up at kyle who had a tie wrapped around his head. jackson laughed making charlie laugh which was only a domino effect on the other two until kyle stopped.

"why're we laughing?" he asked before following the three onto the grounds.

as charlie was exploring the graveyard she felt a bit of peace, she separated from her group to finally get some knowledge about the lands she stood on. "charlie!" she heard she turned to see otis walking over to her. "hey love, what can i do you for?" she asked looking up from a tombstone.

"haven't heard you say that in a while—" she blushed wildly looking back down towards her feet. "yeah feels right to say it though—y'know?" he nodded she grasped her hands together and sighed. "oh i just came to walk i guess, my group seems to hate me and you were by yourself so—" she cut him off with a laugh. "you can walk with me otis, i don't mind." she said with a smile. something about this situation made charlie feel mature she was holding a conversation without panicking with her ex-boyfriend.

quickly though that was put to an end while the two were chatting cal came over and jumped on the girls back. charlotte let a loud giggle out as they screamed "lieutenant gibbs!" otis looked over with a smile, "oh cal this is otis, otis cal." charlotte introduced. "hey," cal said before signaling jackson to come their way. "hey ready to see the barracks?" jackson asked the girl.

she looked back at otis with a frown, "sorry darling, we can hang later if your group still hates you," she jokes otis nods his head before watching jackson grip the girls hand. "cmon," cal said jogging ahead of the two making them follow after laughing, their hands still interlocked.

a pit feeling in otis's stomach made him want to puke at the sight.

charlie was keeping ahold of jacksons hand throughout the tour of the barracks. at one point she separated from the boy and cal, finding ola, was were taking a picture of lily and viv with a soldier statue. "hey guys," she greeted before jumping in a photo the girl just gave a peace sign with her hand as ola snapped the photo.

"hows the trip going with head boy?" ola asked a sly smirk taking over her lips. "good yeah, finally got some time away from them—" charlie looked over with a bright smile. "how's yours going?" ola shrugged just like charlie the trip was just alright. "i guess okay, finally got some time away from the milburn house." she joked as charlie gave her a confused look.