Chapter Eight - Louis

Start from the beginning

After that a band came inside and set up their instruments to play for the next two hours. They were good, just singing covers of songs of the latest music and some older stuff that I listened to while growing up.

The hour dragged on and I noticed Niall was growing tipsy, Harry was still on his second, Chelsea and Brodie walked off fifteen minutes ago and Liam and Zayn were on the dance floor, well make do dance floor, grinding on each other.

"Wa-anna dance Harry?" Niall asked through a giggle.

"No, I'm going to go find a guy" and he walked off to a dark skinned guy who had been eying him all night. It was now Niall and I, and Niall was drinking another beer, getting even more drunk.

"You're an arse" Niall started. "But I want to dance, so dance with me" I held in a smile and nodded.

Niall dragged us to a spot on the dance floor and started dancing with me. He had his hands on my body, and I couldn't remember a time I felt more alive. I looked into his ocean sparkling blue eyes, he must have decided to wear contacts, I wouldn't care either way, he was amazing.

"You're staring" he mentioned.

"I can't help it. You're beautiful" he rolled his eyes and pushed away from me. We hadn't even been dancing long.

"You're a sap, and I need to find someone to snog tonight" I tried not to let the hurt show, but it did, I think.

Niall stopped in his tracks when he saw Harry pushed up against the bar making out with the guy he saw earlier. He sighed and walked off in the opposite direction. I on the other hand went to grab another beer. I reached the bar and saw a cute blonde girl leaning against it. She was clearly alone, and that left me with a good chance at scoring a kiss, maybe more tonight.

"Can I get you a drink?" I asked her. She looked up at me, smiled and blushed, but nodded.

"Sure" I smiled and the bartender came over.

"A beer and whatever this lovely lady wants" she blushed again and got a beer. "So, what's a pretty girl like you doing here alone?"

"Who says I'm alone?" I rose an eyebrow at her. "I am though" I chuckled. Our beers got placed in front of us.

"Band's good" she nodded. She wasn't very talkative.

Just a little further down, Niall was talking to Harry, who was trying to get him to go away so he could continue his thing with the guy he was just making out with.

The conversation died between me and the nameless girl, but I didn't mind, it was a bore anyway. She walked off after a few minutes of no talking, I looked at my watch. Five minutes until the new year, and I wasn't going to get lucky.

I rested my body against the counter and looked at my drink. Nearly empty. Again with the empty. I needed a relationship.

"Alright people, 20 seconds until the new year!" the lead singer called out. "10, 9, 8,7, 6..." Niall walked up to me, he looked me dead in the eyes. "..3, 2, 1" his lips crashed onto mine. I didn't kiss back right away, but he stayed long enough for me to get a chance to kiss back. I heard shouts of 'Happy New Year' while I kissed Niall. His hands were on my cheeks, cupping slightly, I just held onto my cup of empty beer.

He pulled away first, I didn't say anything, still in a trance of kissing Niall again. I forgot what it was like to do that. He stumbled a little, seeming even more drunk then just a second ago.

"This doesn't change anything" he babbled. I put the glass on the counter behind me, blindly, and stepped towards Niall again. I wanted to kiss him again, but he wouldn't let me, it didn't mean a thing. He turned around and walked away.

I stopped dead in my tracks. I felt happy, but bummed at the same time. I just kissed Niall Horan again, but he said it didn't mean anything.

"Lou!" Zayn laughed gidily. "We-we're go-onna head ba-ck, LiLi said y-ou can sle-ep in his bed" I didn't realise how much he had to drink.

"Or you and Niall can just fuck" Liam said. I never heard Liam swear, but now I have. Maybe it's a drunk thing.

"Okay. Just, don't drive okay? Get a cab" the two laughed and walked off.

I looked around the pub, Harry and the guy hadn't moved and were still snogging, this time Harry had him against the bar. The guy had his legs opened slightly, enough for Harry to put a leg between them, I did see Harry slightly move his body. I knew what was going on.

On the dancefloor again, Niall was dancing by himself, he seemed to be having the time of his life. I felt happy for him, he never did things like this, it was good he could finally let loose.

Smiling, I walked up to him. "Our friends have left" I told him. He nodded. "I'm going to crash at yours" he nodded again. I wondered if he was just nodding to anything. "Can I kiss you again?" he stopped for a moment, then shook his head. Guess not.

I stepped aside and left him to dance, I was in no rush to go back anyway. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was Harry, he was smiling and his lips were red and swollen. It was definitely safe to say him and Niall were not a thing.

"Louis. This is James, he's going to come back to mine, make sure Niall gets to his dorm okay, yeah?"

"Yeah, I will" I smiled. "Have fun" he grinned at James then hurried off.

Ten minutes later Niall came up to me, claiming he wanted to go home. I nodded and walked outside and hailed a cab. Which was easier done then said, and yes, I did mean that. I was a tipsy, on the verge of being drunk, so my words weren't exactly coherrent, but easy enough to be understood.

I told the driver the campus and he drove us there. Niall sat next to me and continued to touch me and kiss me in seductive ways. I was growing hard with him doing that, but I willed it away, it wasn't right to do that. The driver looked at us through the mirror and I scowled, he was looking at us with disgust.

When we finally did pull up, I paid him his fair, and climbed out with Niall. He lead the way to his room and with clusmy hands unlocked the door. He dropped the keys by his bed and pulled me over to it. He pushed me down and then climbed on top of me.

"Hmm" he hummed as he moved his hips slightly.

"Niall, stop" I pushed him to the side and got off his bed. "I'm not doing this with you" I couldn't believe the words coming out my mouth.

"Fuck you Tomlinson" Niall grumbled. "You're fucking arsehole, no wonder no one wants you" I looked at him pained. I knew it was true, I knew no one wanted me. I was useless, a failure, a nobody. I could die and no one would care, thats what my life is.

"Go to sleep Niall" I said softly, and went to Liam's bed, ten steps away from Niall's.

Niall didn't go to sleep right away though, and I was left to let him do his thing while Harry, Liam and Zayn were getting lucky, I was watching the one I love treat me like utter shit while sleeping in a friends bed.

This New Years didn't go exactly how I wanted it to go, and I had a few scenariios, but I was happy about one thing. I kissed Niall Horan, and it made me feel alive again.

A/N well then. Sad to see Louis still thinks lowly of himself. I will be having things to do with his parents later on. Yes Niall is being an arse, but he's mad at Louis and doesn't know what he's going on about, he's drunk

Comment and vote!