*Two*

Hinata wakes up in Komaeda's bed, disappointed to find that the events of last night were not a dream but happy that the vampire hadn't killed him as he slept. He yawns and stretches, turning onto his side and throwing the blankets off of himself. 

   His feet hit the ground, and he groans. Where's that vampire, Komaeda, was it? 

   He puts his shoes back on before venturing out into the hall, trying to find the vampire again. 

   "Hinata-kun."

   Hinata jumps and turns around at the sudden voice.

   Komaeda is standing there, watching him with an intense gaze and a calm smile that seems to be hiding just a touch of malice.

   "You smell so delectable first thing in the morning. . .Glad to see that you slept well! And congratulations on surviving the night, since this castle is considered dangerous. I would offer you breakfast, but again, I do not have any real food. Although it is probably best, you do not stay any longer than you have to." He continues.

   Hinata shivers. "W-What was that first thing you said?"

   "It was supposed to be a compliment. . ." The vampire responds sheepishly. 

   "I think your social skills are a little rusty then."

   "Yes, I can see how that can be upsetting now. . .My goodness, how shall I repair this?"

   "So I should just warn any other potential visitors that you will greet them like they're lunch?" 

   Komaeda wrings his hands together nervously. "I should hope there are no more visitors here. That could be quite dangerous. I did say I am very humane most of the time, but who can say how long that may last?" He sounds so uncertain, "I mean, what are the chances of me snapping any second and attacking you?"

   Hinata steadies himself. "You won't."

   The vampire nods. "Yes, that is my hope. Well, shall we see if your "friends" are here to collect you? Want me to put a bite mark on you so that you look tough?"

   "I don't think that will be necessary. But I guess I should see if they're here."

   Komaeda studies him for a second and then frowns. "You don't seem too pleased to be going home, Hinata-kun. But now you can tell everyone you survived the night in the big scary vampire mansion and barely escaped with your life! Hell, you can tell them I was incredibly bloodthirsty and had to fight me off with nothing but your own two hands! Ah, but if they know someone is really up here in this mansion, people may come up here with pitchforks and torches. You won't do that to me, will you, Hinata-kun?"

   The brunet shakes his head. "Of course not." He answers immediately.

   Komaeda smiles warmly. "You're a kind person, Hinata-kun. And you smell pretty delicious. You didn't deserve getting sent here to die."

   "Thanks? I think?"

   Komaeda shakes his head rapidly. "Sorry. I think I'm just hungry. No worries, I just need some breakfast of my own. I will go check if someone is here for you."

   He bows his head and walks away, heading towards a window. Hinata trails after him like a lost puppy. Together they look out the front windows, seeing three boys hanging and joking around by the gates.

   The vampire nods. "They're here. Are you going to go to them or fake your own death?"

   Hinata sighs. "Chiaki would be upset if I didn't come home. . .As fun as faking my own death sounds."