Jealousy, Jealousy // pt. 2 • W.M

Start from the beginning

Like your fresh out of love
But it's been in the air
Am I past repair

The Avengers listened to more of your music. Tony wanted to hear what your other songs entitled and continued to listen and watch videos as he practically zoomed his ears in on the lyrics.

He felt sad of how many songs were so depressing, he felt as if it was his fault. Apart of it was, but the other part... it wasn't.

If you lived in his home at the time, he wouldn't have kicked you out for someone you loved. In fact, your mother was bisexual.

And he'd tease her about it, about having a threesome with him. He'd jokingly ask her which side she liked better. They both knew how to take jokes well, and had a wide range of a sense of humor.

There wasn't a moment that passed, or even a day when your mother, and Tony wouldn't be rolling around laughing on the floor from adding on to the other person's joke.

He smiled at the memory before changing the song.

Cause time wasn't in our favor
This isn't goodbye
This is simply, see you later

Tony seen a few pictures of your mother, and him. Then of your mother, and you. The three of you. He cried.

He turned off the song quickly, not being able to see the rest as he just laid in his bed, thinking about his family... his past family.

They wouldn't have been able to live together forever, no, your mother would find a man or woman she loved romantically and they would co-parent from separate households.

Tony believes it was fate that brought him to Pepper, which leads him to believe he would have still found his way to Pepper. Tony would have given your mother the house they lived in, just so she didn't have to leave the comfort of her home.

It was a big house, not too big because she didn't like mansions, but big enough.

"You okay?" Pepper asks, laying next to him as they were both ready to sleep.

Tony looks at her before sighing.

"I should have been there."

"You were grieving."

"For years?" He asks

"Everyone grieves in their own time, at their own pace, in their own way. Should you have made a smarter decision, of course. Can you go back? No." She explains.

"I loved her mother..." he confesses

"I know." Pepper smiles

"I never had a best friend, before her. She came to me and told me she was pregnant, I- I just... I freaked out. Didn't think I was made to be a father. She practically slapped me to keep my head screwed on right." He chuckled

"I never had romantic feelings, though. Which was a shame because she was hot." He says, Pepper jokingly smacks his arm. He laughs.

"Did you ever bring girls home?" Pepper asks curiously

"No. I had too much respect for her. I don't think I started drinking and partying heavily until after her. I mean, I did before... but with her I didn't need to." He explains.

"It was like she filled a void... we didn't have any intimacy except for that one time that resulted in y/n." Pepper nods, understanding.

"When she died, I was so close to ending it all myself..." he explains, she puts her hand on his chest rubbing it.

"And then I'd look at y/n, she was my princess. I'd see her mother there, living through her, and I couldn't. I could practically hear her. 'Tony, stop being a pussy. She needs you'" he mimicked her voice, he laughed as tears rolled down his cheeks. Pepper wiped them with her fingers.