Ron squinted at his best friend, "I heard voices," he told Harry and then he shifts his gaze to Aine, "What are you doing up so late?" he asks, his tone sounded like Molly when she caught her children doing something suspicious and his 'older brother' instincts erupted from him. "I couldn't sleep so I decided to come down and warm myself by the fireplace," she answered, at least it wasn't a lie.

"You probably heard me talking to Aine?" Harry said to him but Ron just couldn't shake the feeling off his body, "I heard a man talking..." he trails off, interrupted by Harry as he said, "You're just imagining things, Ron, wouldn't be the first time, aye?" he snaps at the ginger-head.

"You're probably just practising for your next interview, l expect." Ron blurted with spite.

Aine gritted her teeth, this was getting annoying to hear how they were just both too egoistic to earn up to their mistakes and all they could do was to argue so that they could assert 'dominance' over one another. Not wanting to be in the same room as them both, she finally spoke up after watching them spit venom at one another, "That's enough! You know what? I'm out— I can't stand being here while you both are like this."

"Aine..." Harry's voice was soft again, begging her not to leave.

"I'm not going to stay here and watch you both fight. So please, do me a favour, do it when I'm gone, alright?" She snapped at them, running her fingers through her hair as she took a step away from the two boys, turning around.

"Then pick a side! And stick there and watch!" Ron shouted, making Aine stop. Her glares were enough to send chills to Ron's spine, and he swigs down his saliva as she walks to him, looking straight into his eyes, "I don't do sides."

Her voice was cold and her eyes travelled to Harry's, "Keep that in mind."

"Ai—"

"Well, have fun fighting," she added sweetly, before a smile crept onto her face, "Just don't make such a loud noise, alright?"

Then, she turned to the stairs, stomping up to her room and pulling her blanket over her head as she whispers to herself, "Stupid." 

~

A couple of days later, after the argument she had with Ron and Harry, she couldn't bring herself to talk to either one of them. Since it was started between them both, Aine felt that they should resolve this amongst themselves although she was a little guilty of lashing out at them both that night. "I should apologize to them both..." Aine mutters and Hermione glanced to her, "It wasn't your fault, Aine. Let them fix this mess they created, alright?" she tells her, offering a small smile for which the girl was thankful.

The three girls— Aine, Hermione and Ginny, took a stroll along the Hogwarts grounds, letting the cool wind breeze into their faces as they enjoyed the little birds singing. It wasn't until all the peace had faded away when Ron came up to them, asking for a favour to relay his message to Harry. Immediately, all three of them refused, wondering why should they when he could have just said it directly to his face. It was only after Hermione agreed nonetheless after his endless pleading and begging.

Aine made her way towards the Black Lake, occasionally catching Ron's eyes peeking at her uneasily, he knew that he had done wrong, but the fact about how she had to pick a side was true and he didn't regret saying that. Eventually, he gave in to her, shuffling to her side as she looked to the front, "Look um— Aine. I'm sorry about that night." he mumbles and the girl continued to ignore him, she was being petty but she didn't care about any of that. He went on, "I'm just so mad at Harry, if he had put his name in the Goblet of Fire, he could have just told me, I'm his best friend and he's mine too. It's unfair, isn't it?"