VERNON - Trick or Treating

Start from the beginning

- That's more like it. You said playfully.

- Should we go? Its dark already, wouldn't want those     children to get all the sweets before us.

You both laughed when you agreed without hesitation and left the house with your pumpkin shaped candy baskets. 

Not gonna lie you were nervous at first. Not sure about how you should behave and talk around Vernon. But as soon as the night began, walking through the streets full of dressed up people young and old, you two got immediately comfortable and you felt like you never parted. Vernon was only a hotter version of the friend you knew so well back then. 

You were catching up on your lives and eating candies when you reached a porch full on customized in the Halloween ambiance. A few kids were already there, gathered in front of a small girl holding a huge cauldron of sweets. They were happily deciding about who should get the most candies. 

There was a pirate, a zombie two ghostbusters and some sort of mummy mermaid, you couldn't really tell. The girl on the porch was a fairy and she was having an argument with a small boy dressed as... Victor from corpse bride!

- Fairies are not spooky; this is not a proper Halloween     costume!

- Bla bla bla spooky or not those are mine so you should tell     me my costume is good if you want some! Oh! They are so beautiful!     She exclaimed after seeing you two approaching.

The little fairy came past the others and run towards you, she stopped just in front of Vernon. She stared at you and him her head going left and right (drippin drippin) amazed. Vernon smiled at her softly and she giggled before holding her cauldron hup to him.

- I like you have a cupcake (too much tiktok reference?).

- Thank you, very much young lady.

Before he could grab a cake, the mini-Victor appeared looking rather upset.

- And who gave you the right to steal my costume? he started     crossing his little arms.

- Hum... I m really sorry young man...

- Do not young man me, I am wayyyy more big than you think!     Plus, you don't look great at all!

- *sigh* don't say silly things idiot! The little fairy     answered still fondly looking at Vernon while you laughed quietly.

- Alright, you steal my costume, imma steal your wife! She     deserves a true Victor who won't leave her for Victoria! Honestly     you should have dressed as Sparks the bone dog.

You couldn't hold your laugh anymore. Vernon was left speechless after this unrequired roasting session. Mini-Victor, chin up and proudly smiling, received a spank from the little fairy.

- You're gonna make him sad! Miss, miss Emily, you should     give him a kiss to make him feel better! She said jumping in front     of you.

You saw Vernon looking at you and even bending his head down to catch your eyes.

- Should I? You said shyly giggling.

Vernon nodded ironically following the little fairy movement and you took him by surprise planting a smack on his painted cheek. He stood there palming his face while de children all cheered. Well, all except mini-Victor who mimicked throwing up on the side. 

You laughed alongside Vernon and left the garden with a few more candy from the girl. Back on the street, you were teasing him about how mini-Victor could have duel him in a fist fight any time when you felt weak rain drops on your exposed arms. Soon the faint rain turned into a pouring one and you screamed covering your face with the wedding veil while Vernon held his jacket above his head.