009

╔══════════════╗
CARNAGE

CHAPTER NINE ╚══════════════╝

CHAPTER NINE
╚══════════════╝

NOELLE WAS SITTING at the table in the mess hall with Ziggy, Cindy and Alice. Apparently Alice and Cindy had something they needed to show them. She watched in confusion as Alice pulled out a skeleton hand covered in dirt from Cindy's purse.

"Uh." What the fuck?

"What?" Ziggy asked, "What is it?"

Alice inhales shakily, "It's Sarah Fier's lost hand."

Noelle's eyes wide, "Holy shit."

"Nurse Lane..." Cindy begins, "She spent her entire life looking for this. A way to stop the curse that took her daughter."

"Without her hand, her grip on the land holds firm." Alice recites from the notebook, "The curse will last until body and hand unite." She says pushing the book towards she and Ziggy. "This lead us to the hand bone. And if the legend it true, that means her body's still buried--"

"By the Hanging Tree." Noelle and Ziggy say in sync.

"We can end this." Cindy says. "No more murders, no more curse, no more... pain. We can save Shadyside. Tonight!"

Noelle feels Ziggy grab her hand under the table, then she glances at her with a small encouraging smile.

Noelle turns to Cindy and Alice, "I'm not from Shadyside but... I've never believed that Sunnyvale was superior to you guys." She sighs, "It would be an honor to help you guys save your town."

Cindy smiles, "Thank you, Noelle. And thank you for staying with my sister tonight when I couldn't be there for her."

Noelle smiles, "I wasn't leaving her, I... I care about her alot." She looks at Ziggy with softness in her eyes, "She's my best friend."

Ziggy gives her a small smile, then she reaches over with her free hand and grabs for Sarah Fier's hand, she brings it close to her and then her nose drips with blood, and it lands on the bones. Then suddenly Ziggy breathes in a sharp gasp as her eyes widen, she looks terrified as she breathes heavily.

"Ziggy?" Noelle asked her, but nothing. "Ziggy!" She shouts shaking her, and then Ziggy comes back to reality but she's breathing heavily and her eyes are as wide as saucers. "Are you okay?"

Ziggy places her hand over her nose and wipes off the blood, "My nose." She whispers, "I bled on the hand and... I think I just saw her."

"Who?" Cindy asked.

Ziggy looks up, "Sarah Fier." She gasps. "She was... she was angry."

"If I know anything, it's that an angry revenge starving witch is not what we want."