Aru and Mini exchanged puzzled glances with each other. What did that mean?

What's he talking about?  Brynne asked through the mind-link.

Aru shrugged. No clue. Mini?

Mini frowned. I don't know either.

A sudden growl interrupted their telepathic conversation.

Aru turned to see Rudy wrapping his arms around his stomach, looking embarrassed. "What?" he said defensively. "I'm hungry."

Brynne rubbed her belly as well. "For once, I agree with Rudy on something. I'm starving- can we go grab a bite to eat before going wherever we have to?"

"We don't have time," Aiden answered. "The Sleeper's army is nearly there; we can't afford any more distractions."

"Fret not, Pandavas," declared Mani. "There will be lots to eat soon. After all, you're going home."

Aiden, Brynne, and Rudy looked confused, but Aru started to smile. It couldn't be...could it? She glanced at Mini, and her sister had a similar grin upon her face, confirming her suspicions. They were truly going home.

The Potatoes followed the vamanas through a large thicket. Birds chirped all around them and the greenery only seemed to increase and get thicker as they walked forward. More creatures emerged as they trekked through the forest. Aru even saw a leopard at one point, with beautiful golden fur and brown spots.

"We have arrived," Vikram announced. Aru bumped into Aiden's back as they came to an abrupt halt.

"Ow," she muttered.

Aiden grabbed her shoulder, steadying her. "Careful, Shah."

Aru shied away from his grip. She still wasn't sure what to make out of Aiden's prophecy. Maybe it was better to keep her feelings for him in check, for now at least. And to do that, well, there was no other way but to avoid him.

 If she kept him away from her, maybe he would fall out of love with her and maybe not die? The very thought of Aiden not liking her anymore brought upon a new stab of pain to her heart. Shaking away her thoughts, Aru gave him a forced grin. "Thanks."

Aiden's hand still hovered in the air, like he wasn't quite sure what happened. He looked confused for a second, and then he frowned, like he was hurt. But he schooled his expression so quickly that Aru thought it must have been her imagination. She wanted to so badly just hold his hand, but the prophecy was still engraved in her mind, unable to forget. She couldn't afford to be selfish now, not when Aiden's life was possibly at stake.

Taking a deep breath, she pushed past Aiden and stared at the huge rocky wall up ahead.

"It's a dead end," Brynne said, raising an eyebrow. "I don't see any food."

Rudy shook his head. "Is food the only thing that's ever on your mind?"

"Duh."

A/N: Same, Brynne.

"It is not a dead end, children," Mani said. "It's a gate."

"To what?" asked Aiden.

"Home," Aru and Mini both said at the same time. They exchanged exhilarated glances with each other.

Aiden, Brynne, and Rudy gave them blank looks.

"All of you, except for the naga prince, come forward and put your right hand on the wall," instructed Dhani.

Aru eagerly placed her hand on the wall, followed by her sisters, and lastly Aiden.

"Is this like a Pandava thing?" asked Rudy, confused. "Cuz that's the only way that an important person such as myself is not involved."

"But I'm not a Pandava," added Aiden.

"No, but you were our wife in the past," giggled Mini.

Aiden let out a resigned sigh. "I guess. What do we do now?"

"Imagine a place where you feel at home. It doesn't necessarily have to be your actual house. It can be anywhere that you feel safe and comfortable," ordered Vikram.

Aru closed her eyes and thought of home. She felt the warmth of the museum, and the musty smell that clung to the statues. She remembered the faint smell of chai in her kitchen, and the scent of her mother's neroli perfume.

The stone beneath her palm began to grow warmer and warmer. She cracked her eyes open and saw a warm, yellow glow emanating from her spot on the rock. She looked over and saw purple light illuminating Mini's hand, a flicker of blue from underneath Brynne's fingers, and a rosy pink glow coming from Aiden's hand. Aru gasped as the stone wall began to rumble, and she quickly removed her hand.

"What's happening?" Mini asked, her eyes widening. She got her answer only a moment later. The stone wall fell apart, revealing a huge palace.

"Where are we?" asked Brynne, as they walked up the steps. The vamanas had left them at the entrance and had bid them good luck.

"This is the Palace of Illusions," informed Aru, smiling.

Aiden stopped in his tracks, his eyes wide. "Wait, are you serious? The Palace of Illusions. The original Pandavas' home?"

Mini nodded. "Yep. The one and only."

"How'd you and Aru know about it?" asked Brynne. "I mean, I can understand how Mini knew about it- but Aru?"

"Hey!" complained Aru. "Rude."

"We've been here before- on our first quest together," answered Mini. Then, she suddenly looked anxious. "Aru, you don't think that Brynne and Aiden will have to prove themselves too, right?"

Aru stopped and shrugged. "I dunno, but what about Rudy? Do you think the Palace is gonna let him come in?"

Mini looked skeptical. "I hope so."

Rudy smirked. "What are you talking about? I'm a prince! I've got access pretty much everywhere."

"Yeah, maybe tone down the haughtiness when we go inside, your Highness," Aru sighed.

"Wait, what do you mean prove ourselves?" Brynne asked. Then, she brightened up. "Like, a cooking competition? Or maybe a wrestling one?"

"Nah, more like getting attacked by fireflies made of actual fire," Aru said.

"Or arguing with yourself," Mini added.

Aiden and Brynne exchanged glances with each other, hopelessly confused.

"We're here," Rudy suddenly pointed out. Up ahead, was a huge door, decorated with flowers. When Aru took a closer look, they shimmered and the petals turned out to be beautifully cut rubies.

"Woah," breathed Brynne. "It feels...home-y for some reason."

"Yeah," agreed Aiden.

Aru went up and took a deep breath. After a quick nod of confirmation from her friends, she knocked on the door. "Um, Palace?" she tried. "We're home!"