Chapter 2: Brother

I gasped at the sound of the girl saying my name. Slowly, I nodded. The girl squealed and ran at me, tackling me into a hug. She jumped away quickly. "S-sorry." she said. "I forgot you don't like me hugging you."

*flashback*
I was hanging out with a few of my friends in my backyard. "Gray! I'm so bored!" my little sister Lee said, jumping on me. "Ack! Get off, stupid! I'm going to get your stupid girl cooties!" I yelled. I heard one of my friends snicker.

Lee smirked. "Stop trying to act cool around your friends, idiot." she said coolly. I glared at her. "Go away, stupid." I said. She was about to reply, when the first scream was heard.

"What the--" Lee said, turning her head toward the sound. We all followed suit, and saw the flames blazing, getting closer to our house. Not thinking, I grabbed Lee's arm and ran inside, but our parents weren't home. They had been out shopping, in the area of town that had already been devoured by fire.

Lee started crying. "Mama!" she called. "Mama! Papa!" she held onto my shirt. She was only a year younger than me, but I was still her big brother. "Don't worry." I said. "We'll be fine." I pulled her out of the house. A huge black monster was walking through the streets, destroying all in its path. Deliora. I thought. The boys I was hanging out with had disappeared.

I grabbed Lee's hand and started running, trying to get to safety. Being the clumsy idiot that she was, she fell, making me let go of her. Before I knew what had happened, I was lifted into someone else's arms and being carried away.

"Stop! We need to get my sister!" I yelled, struggling to break free from the woman. She didn't reply, but kept running. "No! Stop! Put me down! We have to go back, we need to save her! Lee!"
*end flashback*

"L-Lee?!" I exclaimed. The girl nodded. I hugged her. "Oh my god! I missed you so much! I thought you were dead! where the hell have you been?!"

Lee pushed me off of her. "I'm going to get your stupid boy cooties." she teased. She still hadn't smiled. I remembered her smile always being so radiant and beautiful, yet I had loved making fun of it. Why was I so mean to her? I thought.

Lee backed up, sitting on the ground next to the wolf, I think she had said its name was Yuki. "So, who are these guys?" she asked, as if we hadn't just seen each other for the first time in over a decade, and my team was just another group of friends that I invited over to our house.

I introduced everyone. Lee nodded, and pointed at each person. "Natsu, Lucy, Erza, Happy, right?" she asked. They all nodded or said "Yes." Lee patted Yuki on the head. "Okay. Well, this is Yuki, and I'm Lee Fullbuster." she said.

Everyone's jaws dropped. "You-you're related to Gray?!" they all said in unison. Lee nodded. "Yeah, he's my annoying big bro." she said. "I haven't seen him in over ten years though..." She trailed off as she went into thought.

I looked at Yuki. "This is your pet?" I asked, bewildered. Lee looked outraged. "She's not a pet! She's my friend!" she said indignantly. I sighed as I reached out to pet Yuki, who growled at me. I withdrew my hand quickly.

Lee pet Yuki's soft white fur. "She doesn't like you." she told me bluntly. "Yeah, no kidding." I replied. Yuki let everyone except me pet her, but wouldn't let anyone but me touch Lee. She actually bit Happy when he tried to give my sis a hug.

Lee stood up. "Nice seeing you, Gray." she said, as she and Yuki started walking away. "Maybe I'll see you around." I grabbed her wrist. "Hey! I haven't seen you in forever, I thought you were dead, and you're just gonna leave?!"

Lee pulled her arm out of my grip. "It's not like you should care." she said. "If you did, you wouldn't have abandoned me." And with that said, my little sister ran away, Yuki chasing after her.

A/N: sorry it was so short! 0-0