[GN] Shuhua ((G)I-DLE) - A Missing Piece (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

But this story in history didn't seem to have a happy ending.

___

It was like electricity was in the air. The city was covered in a gloomy cloud all week and it decided to release its contents all over the city that day, along with a generous dose of thunder.

The weather had everybody down. A lot of your co-workers were calling in sick and getting outside to escape from the dreadful weather wasn't much of an option for a tapped-out college student like yourself. The only upside to the day so far was being accepted to study abroad, a dream you had strived to achieve for a long time. You just hoped there would be something else to take your mind off of the downpour occurring outside because the day was getting gloomier and gloomier as the minutes went by.

Seeing Shuhua walk through the cafe doors was like the sun coming out from hiding, but the uncharacteristic look on her face was nothing but alarming. Her vibrant smile wasn't there like it usually was. There was no "hello!" or a wave from her either. Shuhua had a stoic look and attitude to her and you had no idea what happened.

She looked around the store for a few seconds before approaching you at the register. 

"I need to talk to you." Much like how she looked, her voice was dull. There was clearly something on her mind and if there was something you could do, you would.

You glanced over to the clock on the wall and nodded to Shuhua before turning to your co-worker standing by the espresso bar. "I'm going to go on break." You didn't wait for their response and replaced your work clothes with the more casual attire you came to work with.

Shuhua was already seated at one of the stools that lined the windows when you got out of the back. Not wanting to leave her waiting, you sat down beside her.

"What's up?" You asked.

The question left your mouth and it was left unanswered as Shuhua sat silently, staring out at the rain-soaked pedestrians running around outside as they desperately looked for some shelter.

Silence hung around for a while longer. The rain smacking against the window could only do so much as you sat idly, hoping to hear anything from Shuhua. But it didn't seem like anything would transpire. Her eyes never left the window and you were paralyzed by the tense situation.

Before it could get any worse though, Shuhua opened her mouth and broke the silence. "I think we need to break up."

The words sat in your ears for a while, not wanting to be accepted by your brain. You wanted to think you misheard her, perhaps the banging of the rain outside was messing with your hearing, but you heard what she said as clear as day. Now you wish Shuhua didn't break the silence that was suffocating you not too long ago. It would've been better to suffer in the absurdly uncomfortable silence than hear what she had just said.

A part of you wanted to scream and shout, asking why she was saying such things, but you knew she had a reason. Shuhua may be spontaneous, but there was always a reason behind her actions. So instead of acting irrationally, you diverted your eyes and took a deep breath.

"Why?"

"You're going to be leaving for the US soon and my schedule is going to start getting hectic. There isn't going to be any time for us. It's only going to get harder on us and neither of us will be able to keep in touch as much as we used to."

You simply nodded. Shuhua was right and there was no denying it. It hurt to think about it, but the reasoning made sense and it was clear Shuhua thought about it long and hard already. As much as you didn't want to leave Shuhua's side, keeping in touch with her would be hard from the other side of the world.