16

liked by tchalamet, bellahadid, zayn and 84,282 others

sage.monroe why are there so many pigeons in new york?
-
tchalamet one of life's great mysteries
-sage.monroe sad but true

fernmonroe the shit adds a great touch :)
-sage.monroe agreed

user2 cute

user9 disgusting
-user1 her or the pigeons?
-user9 both

mil.cass missing you!
-sage.monroe same here!!
-

new york was strange for sage. she hadn't been there since she had gone to highschool and even then she was in manhattan and not central new york. she had been living in los angeles with her sister and mila when she left highschool and went to university. her mom and dad also moved closer so they would be able to see each other more.

the bustling streets of new york spooked sage at first even though los angeles was busy however, that was on a different scale. here she was, walking in new york on her own, trying to find the cafe in which timothee said they would meet.

google maps was no good in this situation as whenever she tried to walk down a road it told her to, it turned out she was going the wrong way. she never had been good with directions. "excuse me, do you know how to get to this cafe?" sage pointed to the cafe on her phone to the man she had stopped. he was wearing a suit that looked triple the money of everything sage owned. however, the man simply brushed past her and sped off to his day. "i guess not then." she muttered to herself, rolling her eyes.

sage ended up wandering around aimlessly in random directions until- much to her surprise- she found the cafe at last. it was a rather quaint building among the chaos of the city. it was skinny yet tall on the outside but inside it was plenty spacious. the smell of freshly baked goods oozed out of the kitchen towards the back and decorated cakes of all sorts sat organised in the counter. 

gazing around the cafe, sage didn't spot anyone with the same curly hair as timothee so she sat down at an empty table and pulled out a book that was in her tote bag that she had been carrying around. it ends with us, the cover read. heartbreaking book that she had read ten times already. it was a last minute purchase she had made back in 2016 at an airport yet she hadn't seemed to be able to part with it. perhaps it was because lily and ryle's relationship reminded her of a time in her life. a time that had long since past but it stuck with her and so did the story. one day, she would find her atlas. not yet, but one day.

while she was reading, a body dropped into the seat in front of her. sage gasped out of fright before breaking out into a large smile and enveloping the fluffy-haired boy. "i missed you." she whispered into his neck.

"i missed you too." his new york accent sounded stronger. perhaps he had spent more time there than she realised.