chapter 2

We entered the tunnel with our weapons and started forward, we climbed a small mountain of rubble and looked the other way, it was full of walkers.

- And now ?. Tara ask Glenn and looked at me.

- Let me think. I say looking at the walkers.

- We have to open the way, Gleen you go first, then me and Tara.

Gleen put the flashlight in a corner making the hikers go in that direction, he went down first after me, Tara started to go down but she slipped on a rock and her leg got stuck there.

- Let's take it off without making a fuss.  I said and with Gleen we tried to remove the stone, but it was too heavy, Tara helped with one of her feet, but we couldn't.

- Again. We tried again but Tara started complaining of pain.

- Go now, find Maggie and her group.

- No, no we won't leave you. Glenn said trying to remove the stone once more.

The walkers start to approach, Gleen backs away to kill them and I keep trying to remove the stone.

- Get out of here now!. Tara yelled at us.

- No.  I answered and helped Gleen with the walkers, they started to surround us and we ran out of ammo until we heard a car and a light hit us in the face.

We turned to see who it was, but we couldn't because of the light, - To the ground!.  They yelled at us and we ducked as we covered Tara, gunfire started and killed the walkers.

I looked up, we approached the group that was there and a girl approached, when we saw her up close it was Maggie, she ran and hugged us, then gave a kiss to Gleen, and hugged me again. I looked back and there were Bob and Sasha, I hugged them.

- Are you with Judith?.  I asked breaking away from the hug.

They denied it.

- Maybe she's with your father.  Says Sasha and I nod my head sadly, I look over to my side and there are Abraham, Rosita and Eugene.

- Did they come back for us?

- In theory, Eugene brought us in without us noticing.  Abraham says looking at Eugene.

- Thanks. I hugged them.

                             ~

  In the tunnel it was already freezing cold so we looked for some branches and put them together, and Eugene started a fire and we sat around.

- I'm going for a walk. I say getting up.

- Be careful. Says Glenn.

- Yes Dad. I say eliciting laughter from those who were there.

I start walking until I leave the tunnel, enter the forest and walk a little until I find a big rock that looks like a bench, I sit in it and start admiring the sky and wondering if my father and my brothers are alive, I just wish I was with them now.

I hear footsteps in my direction and raise my gun towards the forest.

- I swear I'm not a walker. Rosita says laughing.

- You scared me. I say returning to sit down.

- Thinking about what?  She says sitting down beside me.

- In my father and my brothers, I do not know if they are alive.

We're silent for a few minutes, until I decide to ask.