"Whatcha' doin over here? Come join us." Natasha pursed her lips into a thin line as her eyes wandered to her friends sat on cushions on the floor, conversing with each other.

"I just like to enjoy my drink from a distance." She shrugged, holding up her cup. Elenara frowned, practically seeing the lies spearing from her mouth. She softly pulled on her arm a few feet away so they'd have some privacy.

"You don't have to lie to me, Nat. What's bothering you?" Natasha looked at her for a moment.

"There's really no reason for me to celebrate. I don't really know anyone apart from the team and you guys aren't dead. " Elenara released a breath. Natasha never spoke about her family, not a breath or a single mention of parents or siblings. Elenara was hesitant to ask.

"I know you don't talk about it, but what about any family?"

"No," She immediately shut her down. "I don't know if they're dead or alive."

"Hopefully, they're alive," She began. "But if they have passed away, there's still a way for their spirits to see you." Natasha slumped and shook her head.

"I don't have a picture of them."

"You don't need that," Elenara reassured her. "What you need is intention. You have to really want them to visit you and you'll feel it." Natasha tilted her head.

"How?"

"Today the veil is the thinnest. A lot of paranormal activity might start, but it's nothing to be afraid of. If you're lucky, they might send you a memory or a nice dream so they can say goodbye." Natasha felt hope began to take hold of her. She felt excitement, but a twinge of sadness weighed it down.

She'd only get to feel their presence if they're dead.

"You think so?"

"Mhm, come." Elenara nodded and took hold of her hand, pulling her to the altar.

"Here," A fluffy and soft flower was placed in her hand. "The marigold will help guide them to you. And remember, intention." Natasha held a firm gaze on the orange flower in her palms and began to focus.

It's funny to think they'd be closer in death than if they were alive.

"You should head to sleep. It's late." Steve told her. Elenara sat atop of the soft cushion on the floor, gazing at her mother's face.

"I forget what my parents look like. I have to look at these pictures to remember their faces." Elenara sighed and began to bite on her lip. Steve moved a cushion next to her and took a seat, his arm wrapping around her shoulders.

She rarely talks about them. He doesn't even think she's mentioned them before.

"You were young weren't you?"

"I was five years old. They were out on a walk when some bastard killed them," Steve felt his heart drop. "My mom, she was pregnant. I was so excited for a brother or sister. But they were taken from me." He couldn't imagine how that must've felt and she was only a child.

"I'm so sorry, Elle," He brought her into a hung and she sank into his arms. "I know they're with you right now, they'd be be proud of everything you've done for the SSR." She looked up at him.

"I wish you got to meet them." Steve pondered for a moment before he grinned.

"I can right now." He sat up straight as his legs were crossed and looked at her parents pictures.

"Hi, I'm Steve Rogers. . ." Elenara smiled as he watched him introduce himself to her parents. A tear left the corner of her eye and she wiped it away. Elenara felt a hand on her shoulder, thinking it's Tony, she turned her head, but her eyes widened at what she saw.

Her father reaching out to her and her mother smiling, holding a baby in her arms.

Elenara blinked and they were gone. More tears left her eyes as a warmth in her chest rose. She sighed, a sad smile painting her lips.

"I think they like you."

≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

.

.

.

author's note

holaaa!!

Im aware Im a little late but school and work made it a bit hard to complete, but here it is, a day of the dead chapter !

did you guys make an ofrenda ??

hope you all enjoy!

hasta la próxima!! <33