Come on Ertugrul! Either tell her to stay or to get lost.

"Why... why don't you want to go back, Halime Sultan?" He questioned taking a small step closer to her.

"That palace is not made for you!" She simply answered. His previous behaviour and emotionless eyes making her keep him in suspense.

"You are.."

Before he could complete, Halime interrupted him.

"Sultan! You are royalty! You are born to wear crown made of gold, live in a palace with strong tall walls and sleep on a luxurious bed."

Halime left Ertugrul shocked. She never interrupted him. She never cross talked to him. Was that giving a bratty and arrogant impression of hers to him? An arrogant Sultan Kiz.

She didn't knew that but she was none. She improved her behavior with him. He was going to be her future husband for god sake.

But one thing Halime can't stand is someone not understanding her. She would go to any extent just to prove her point and tell that she isn't wrong. She don't like anyone creating fake image of hers.

Arrogant, spoiled, rude.... she was just the opposite of all of these. She was just annoyed at them moment and she expected Ertugrul to understand that. Too much happened! Too much still happening in her mind!!

"I didn't said that." Ertugrul answered and Halime felt her jaw relaxed.

"Let's talk clearly." Ertugrul suggested which for him appeared to be a better way in order to understand her and in order to make her understand him. It was the easiest way to talk. Talking clearly!

He didn't liked putting pieces of jigsaw puzzle together. He liked a clear path not a messy and complicated one. In Halime's matter, the layers of her life do made him feel like solving a jigsaw puzzle. When he felt it's complete, there's one piece missing that mess up everything else.

Halime nodded. She liked the idea of talking clearly if that makes Ertugrul understand her.

"Fire your questions." She told

"Why don't you want to go back?" He asked again, hoping this time there would be a normal and understandable answer.

"That palace is not made for me." She answered the same, really finely ignoring the fact of talking clearly. She had a confident grin. Ertugrul inhaled some air and exhaled it before speaking.

"Why is that palace not made for you?" He asked, not getting angry even though he wanted to roll his eyes at her.

"Because it's a prison, a cage, a dungeon keeping me locked inside. I'm a free spirit. The Halime you are looking at now. The fierce, the confident and the happy one.... she will die when she will return to that palace. Didn't you heard the whole thing? I told that they threw me in dungeon and wanted me to go marry a dumb Ayubi Şahzade."

"It's a torture!"

"I love making decisions for my own self."

Ertugrul took two steps around the tent uncomfortably and Halime could tell that he wanted to sit down but she didn't offered him to sit. She loved playing games.

Halime's word were quite understandable. She was right but the world outside that palace was filled with alot more than that. There were cruels and bad people who would harm her. Ertugrul didn't feared them. He could protect Halime but her return to palace was important.

"Sometimes your loved ones knows what's better for you more than you think you do Halime. They think for you because not everytime you make a decision for yourself turns out to work good for you." Ertugrul really calmly told and turned back to her.

His words were worth considering, Halime thought.

"This isn't just about a marriage!" Halime told, her tone low and sad.

"It's about two states. Being honest, I don't give a damn about the promise our great grand fathers made but Baba do because Anne was promised to him the same way."

"I can't sacrifice my life for politics."

You only live once!

Ertugrul remained silent. He knew the marriage isn't Halime's main concern but still she hooked to that topic because she knew his feelings. She was just testing him. He knew this. Even though the marriage wasn't Halime's biggest concern but it was definitely Ertugrul's.

She said it's a promise. More like a tradition. A relationship of years. What if Sultan responds in positive and tell her that she will not be forced to marry anyone and will put on the demand for her to come back. What's then? Is she going to forget him? Is she going to leave?

They haven't even confessed till now. How can she even talk to her family after when she haven't even heard a word from his about 'the love' between them.

But Sultan wasn't going to break the strong relationship of two biggest states just because his daughter wasn't ready to marry and was really stubborn. Just because she loved her freedom. Her free spirit.

That's what Gundogdu said too. He is Sultan. He can do anything. Even send more soldiers other time and take Halime with them and no one would be able to stop them.

Will Halime and Ertugrul's love be buried in all this mess? Or was there a real way out?

...

Vote guys! Thanks for reading. I know the chapter was kinda short but we prefer quality over quantity.

And don't forget we stan Turgut and Mari too. The real enemies to lovers kinda thing happening in KO lol.