"I still think it's better to go into hiding and wait for charges. It's safer," the man said calmly. "However, I understand that this case is different from that of a normal wizard. Potter-Black's public identity would be greatly damaged, chances are he will be convicted without giving him a chance to refute the allegations."

He turned and looked intently at the group of people. "I render my services to you, and follow your judgment on this matter." He shifted his gaze to Harry and smiled weakly. "I would like to emphasize, however, that Master Potter-Black will not be in charge of this venture, this task is better left to Rodolphus. Can you agree to this, Harry?"

Harry blinked in surprise at his first name and nodded slowly. "I just want to know how to manage my condition so that I don't hurt people without my knowledge."

Rookwood grinned at Harry's words. "Just without your knowledge, Harry? Rodolphus was right when he spoke of you a few weeks ago: you are merciless when it comes to protecting your loved ones."

He hit Harry on the shoulder, his whole demeanor changed now that he'd decided to break into the Ministry with the Lestranges. "It's not a disease, by the way, Harry, it's a gift. You will have to embrace this part of you, as you will carry it with you for the rest of your life. Don't let fear be your counselor, let your feelings and your love for Basty guide you."

Harry didn't have time to react to Rookwood's words when he was pulled into an iron grip of two thin arms. Although he had grown a lot this year, he could still feel the warm, soft curves of Bellatrix's bosom just below his jawline.

"Harry is a mighty Potterling, August. He has such a big heart that he will surely find a place for his dark gift. Should he have any problems, Aunty Bella will help itsy-bitsy Harry with the emotional growth," Bella said cooing with the newest family member in her arms.

"Harry is like a son to me, August," Bella said suddenly in a detached and strained voice. "Send us wrong in the labyrinth of the Ministry and I will personally fillet you."

She kissed Harry's forehead while pulling his hair back into a ponytail. She then sent a bright, if somewhat insane smile to Rookwood. "I'm so thrilled you're helping us, August!"

Harry had to hand it to Rookwood that the man didn't cringe at Bella's undisguised threat and craziness. The man didn't even blink and seemed to perceive Bellatrix's behavior as normal. Rodolphus took a step forward and squared his shoulders. He managed to attract the attention of everyone present with his attitude and cleared his throat.

"We are going to the Ministry. I understand from old stories, August, that you can get off by Floo at Level Nine, near the Department of Mysteries. Is that right?"

Rookwood nodded. "Obviously I was curious after my rehabilitation if I could still get access to my old Department. You can imagine my utter delight when I found out that the security was never changed. In fact, it is possible to Apparate in the Department, although I would recommend that we only use it in an emergency, as that would trigger alarms in the Auror Office."

Rodolphus nodded. "We're going by Floo, can you shield our identity if we do this, brother?" Rodolphus looked at Rabastan, the epitome of a patient leader.

Rabastan grinned broadly and nodded. "The Ministry would not notice our presence unless we are seen on the spot, of course."

Harry looked surprised at his lover and asked softly so that only Rabastan could hear, "How can you let our presence go unnoticed?"

A shiver ran through Harry as he felt Rabastan's lips on his earlobe. "Magic, Harry."

Harry gave Rabastan an "are-you-kidding-me" look, causing the man to grin wickedly. "Runes, little raven. I'm giving you all a bracelet that bypasses certain Ministry detection spells, it really isn't that hard. It is above all an accurate work."