CHAPTER 16

"Idhu Ashwin'oda car key ache, Idhuyuma koodhuka sonnan?" Kathir asked the manager taking his belonging from him with one hand while his hand was intertwined with Teju's.

"Appo Ashwin epdhi poirupaan?" Teju asked Kathir. He shrugged off doubting the same.

"Shivanya'dhan vandhu keys koduthutu ponnanga" the manager replied and left them with a smile.

Kathir and Teju's eyes widened at that. They hugged each other jumping with joy.

"Naa sonnen la, oru vela irukkumo'nu!"
"I'm happy for them too!"

As Teju too came here with a cab, the situation fell in places. They had to drive Ashwin's car.
The cute couple left to their houses with their nonstop banters and a lots of love.
__________________________________

After what felt like a couple of hours, Ashwin woke up to find himself in a different bedroom.

The room was dark with the lights off. When he put down his feet, his shirt was on the floor, His sling bag was on the bedside table. That's when he realised where he was but Shivanya was not there. He saw digital clock,

                     2:39 a.m.
                      Sunday

He was worried for her. Gaining all his strength he walked out of the room to find such a cute scenario.

She was sleeping in the couch with a huge comforter wrapping from head to toe with only her closed eyes visible. The television was on and there was an horror film playing.
Ashwin guessed that could be why she has wrapped herself with the comforter looking like a mummy,
to protect herself.

He couldn't control himself and laughed out loud as he switched off the TV. He then removed the comforter without waking her up or touching her. His lips curved into a smile when he saw her looking so angelic in her sleep.

He then carefully carried her to the room, placed her on the bed, tucked her into the blanket.

Ashwin suddenly noticed some pictures on the wall. Ashwin turned on the table lamp on tall dresser nearby and noticed that they were her childhood pictures.

Ashwin chuckled at how cute she looked in one of it where

she was seen crawling in an oversized, bunny ear, purple jacket.

After looking at the pictures for a while, Ashwin went back to the bed. He placed a pillow in between them and laid on the other side of the bed. He watched her sleeping so peacefully and got reminded of how she kissed his eyes and put him to sleep. He caressed his eyes as he blushed and fell asleep.
-------------------------------------------------

Shivanya woke up rubbing her eyes and lazily opened them to see the time.

                    12:17 a.m.
                      Sunday

Pstch, Inniki leave'thane? Aprom yethukku yendirchitu? Pasicha yendhirchipom.

She mumbled to her and about to go asleep again when the door bang opened making her jerk up panicking.

"Aaah, you woke up. Finally! One second", Ashwin excused himself and disappeared before she could respond.

How many times has he made her bed coffees in her dreams only to be ruined by her obnoxious alarm?
Maybe this was one of those!
Maybe her alarm's broke!

She turned to the bedside table to check on her alarm.
OH MY GOD!

She closed her mouth as the realisation hit her and started remembering everything. Everything!

She furiously bit her nails, trying to figure out how did her inner voice actually let her kiss his eyes.

What must he have thinked about me?
But he didn't seem to be disturbed or upset just now. He actually looked cute'leh. Chi, chi! But yeah he seemed fine but still you shouldn't have crossed your line, Shivanya! He is just your fri-

Ashwin interrupted her inner war by walking into the room with two coffee mug. One for her and one for him.

He handed it to her and sat by her leg. He noticed how she was looking at him with an unreadable expression,

"Yennachu?"
"Bed coffee? "
"Yes"
"For me?"
"Ama ma! Yen? Idhukku munnadi unaku yarume bed coffee kudhutathu illaya?" Ashwin chuckled not knowing the facts.

"My appa used to" Shivanya said smiling sadly as she sipped into her coffee, avoiding his gaze. Ashwin immediately regretted for making her upset in the morning itself.

"Seri nee yen n-"
" Seri neenga y-"
They giggled at how they talked simultaneously.

"Nee yen nethu enna apdi thittuna?" Ashwin asked still laughing.
Shivanya immediately remembered. She placed her mug on the table with a thud , put her hands on her waist, glared at him with an angry face,

"Neenga yen ivlo careless'ah irukinga?"
"Yenna ma careless'ah irundhen?"
"Pinna marubadiyum unga tablets'ah miss pannitinga theriyuma?! At least office'lerndhu veetuku pogumathu avuthu check panikalamla? Nethu naa mattu-" Shivanya started scolding him without even breathing.

"Iru Iru Iru, wait wait wait, idhukku'than nee yenna apdilam yesuniya? After all for medicines?" Ashwin chuckled

"Pinna?"
"wait, one sec", Ashwin excused himself and walked away for a while and came back into the with the sling bag that he had asked her to take from his car yesterday. "Inga paru"
He showed her the inside making Shivanya gulp,

Ayoyo unnarchi vasam pattu over'ah thittitome! Oru vela veliya vithu thookiruvaro?

"Yenna ulla oru pharmacy's irrukku?"
"you really thought I would be that careless when I can actually die in a heart beat? Ma, I've been living like this for 29 years." Ashwin said smiling casually.
"Adhukku ivlo medicines'ah? Actual ungaluku yenna prechana?"
"Arrhythmia"
"Apdina?"
"Adhu oru heart disease, yennakku eppolam heart beat irregular agudho, appolam yennakku andha attack varum even random'ah kuda varum nethu madhiri even worse! I used to struggle more post-attack adhule cope up agathan ivlo medicines." Ashwin explained as Shivanya listened carefully feeling bad for how much he must have been through living around all these medicines and stuffs.

Ashwin was surprised at how for the first time, he felt comfortable to be talking about his weaknesses.
It's the concern in her eyes that give him comfort to be him.

"irundhalum naa konjam overreact paniten, sorry! Adhukaga enna velaiya vittu thookirathinga!" Shivanya pleaded with puppy eyes

"Hmm paakren" Ashwin teased her keeping his forefinger on his chin."Seri nee yedho kekka vanthiye, yenna?"

" Neenga yepdhi vera shirt'la irukinga?"
"Idhaye nee Ippo dhan pakuriya?" Ashwin almost chocked while Shivanya grinned sheepishly.

"Naa vittuku poi change panittu vandhen ma, Kathir'ku call panen, avandhan vandhu pick up pannan, thirumba varanumnu anga irukura innoru key'um edhutu poiten" Ashwin said casually while Shivanya stared at him shocked.

"Naa thoongittu irundha konjam nerathula ivlo nadhanirukka?"

"Konjam neram?" Ashwin asked her raising his eyebrows.

"Adhu.... Adhu seri. But neenga yen thirumba vandhinga? " Shivanya asked confused.

"You were alone ma"
"Ashwin I've always been alone",
"Innime you won't. Trust me"
Ashwin said looking into her eyes. He could sense how those words were affecting her poor heart.

"Seri romba yosikadha poi fresh ayittu vaa, I'll wait," He left the room with their mugs closing the door behind.

Shivanya was astonished by the comfortness they both have being around each other. It's like they have been living together for a long time, she was almost getting used to his presence.
She brushed off her thoughts and went to freshen up.