Chapter 1

Sooyun was startled when she woke up from loud stomping coming from her ceiling. Guessing it was one of her sisters, she huffed and buried her face in her only pillow. Today was Saturday, her sisters' shopping day. Sooyun wished she could have a day like that, a free day of buying whatever she wanted, wherever she wanted, at whatever price.
Her sisters, Maggie and Maddie, were spoilt, given everything since birth, treated like princesses. They even had the entire third floor for themselves, it was their two gigantic bedrooms. Meanwhile, Sooyun's bedroom was under the staircase. A small, claustrophobic space where she only had room for a mattress, and a small cupboard for clothes, situated at the end of the bed. The only shelves above her head contained a few books, an alarm clock and her childhood teddy bear she had managed to keep from her parents. Her school stuff was on top of the 'dresser' and her blanket was very thin, luckily the tight room created a warm space.
Tugging on the string to turn on the lightbulb hanging above her head, Sooyun sat up while rubbing her eyes. She then looked at the time: 10:30am. She opened the door beside her and crawled out of her room, only to be brutally pushed back inside by the door slamming shut against her head. Hitting the wall behind her, she rubbed her scalp and heard giggling from outside. It was the girls, it was obvious. Sooyun never knew why, but they hated her, treated her like a maid, stepped on her whenever they had the chance. Her parents did the same, it had been like that since the beginning.
Crawling out once more, Sooyun saw the door shut after hearing her mother exclaim "Imma drop off the girls at the mall, Honey! I'll be right back~" She then stood up, entered the living room and found her father sat in his usual spot, watching infomercials while dipping his hand into a bag of Hot Cheetos. Crossing the carpeting floor, she reached the open kitchen and approached the kitchen island where was left the plate of cookies she had baked yesterday. Not a single drum left, and she had baked a dozen of those. She then looked in the trash, about two or three cookie were in there. Her family clearly didn't want her to have any, even if she was the one who had made them. It didn't bother Sooyun that much, it was a daily torture for this kind of neglect to happen to her. Sometimes she wondered why she was even born in the first place, if it meant being treated like a maid on a daily basis.
"Sooyun, feed the cat!!!" her father ordered her, to which she obeyed. She fed Fluffy as her mother called it, found on the streets trying to find its way home.
The girl soon found her way to the fridge after hearing her stomach growl, searching the shelves to find a box of Mochi cakes in the freezer. She then grabbed the box and paced it on the countertop as she closed the fridge door. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Sooyun froze as she heard the scary voice from behind her, turning around to see her father's figure. She explained with hand movements that she was hungry, but the man yelled "Don't use that sign language shit on me!" The younger flinched as her lower back hit the counter behind her, avoiding eye contact as she trembled in fear. The sudden hit on her cheek made her fall to the floor, holding her cheek as she forced her other arm to lift herself up. Mr. Choi next asked as she got back up "Did I say that you could eat those?" and the girl shook her head, tears brimming her eyes. "Then don't let that happen again" Pushing the younger out of his way, Sooyun struggled and hit the tiled floor once more, whimpering as the tears finally fell. Refusing to show so much weakness, the girl sniffled her tears as she stood back up, watching her father sit back in his chair as he ordered her without making eye contact "Go do the laundry" She then did as told and went to the laundry room behind the staircase.

////////////////////

"Shit..." Jungkook muttered as he saw the time on his alarm clock, he'd forgotten to get it fixed again. Throwing on some camo pants and a random t-shirt, the man rushed into his bathroom and bent over the bathtub. After washing his hair as quickly as possible, he put on his combat boots and hurried downstairs to his car. He then asked as he started the car "Is everything ready?" and the maid answered "Yes, Mr. Jeon. We loaded everything about an hour ago" Jungkook nodded and drove away, full speed as he anxiously checked the time. 11:56am, the training started at 12. Stepping on the accelerator, Jungkook took shortcuts and drove like in an action movie to get to the military station. Finally arrived, he hopped out and got his bag from the back of the truck, throwing it over his shoulder as he hurried to the field.
"Late again, I see?" Taehyung grinned, crossed arms as he stood with the rest of their friend group. Jungkook rolled his eyes and walked past the three me saluting other fellow soldiers as he made his way to the changing tent.
As he put on the training gear his other friend Hoseok entered the tent and asked the younger as he sat beside Jungkook's duffle bag "Are you okay?" He could see the young man was acting a little stressed, he just wanted to know what was bothering him.
"What do you mean?"
"You look stressed. Is it your dad again?"
The younger sighed and nodded with his head low, avoiding eye contact as he kept putting on his belts everywhere. He then said as he loaded his handgun with bullets "He wants me to find a wife, he wants his grandchildren" and the elder nodded, crossing his arms as he leaned back on the bench. "Why don't you just ask Mina? You know she likes you" Hoseok then suggested, receiving an eye roll from the younger with the reply "That girl got most of her face done, and she only likes me because I have muscles. I don't want a girl who makes herself look like a doll and is only interested in the body of the person she's dating" The elder then nodded, their discussion was interrupted by their fellow officer Taehyung entering the room, peeking inside to tell them "Training's starting" Both officers followed after the brunette and came out of the tent, scurrying along with the troupes.