A Feel of Something

To control the elements is to have your soul surpass its limits. Each element has a meaning. However, I find it funny. With each meaning, there's always that 'exception'.

For example, Earth. The common and popular  meaning of earth is stability and eternity. However, erosion drags away what already exists, destroying that concept of "stability." That is it's 'exception', and that 'exception' exists for all of these elements.

.................................................................................

"Next!" A blacksmith shouted. Takai helped push flaming hot steel onto an anvil. The blacksmith used some machinery to quickly get the steel to be shaped. They were reinforcing any weapons they might have. Takai then took the sword that was finished and passed it onto another person, who used Water magic to cool the sword quickly. Compared to how they were before, they were much stronger.

"Alright, last one!" The blacksmith exclaimed. Once more, they finished up another sword.

"Great job!" The other man with water magic said. They all took deep breaths. It was hot working with fire and steel. They all left the blacksmith to take a break.

"I'm starting to think there are no golems." Takai sighed to himself. He'd been there for about two weeks now working on whatever needed help, such as weaponry.

"Why did we even make so many?" Takai asked after his remark. The blacksmith took a drink of water.

"We're not the only people that need swords. Of course, there's those noble scum..." He said.

"Noble what now?" Someone asked. The three turned to see a man on a horse.

"What are you talking about?" The blacksmith asked.

"That's what I was asking you three gentlemen." The person said. Behind him was a carriage. It was empty for the time being. The man then sighed.

"Whatever. No need for any trouble. We're buying what you're making, if you remember your deal." The noble said. Takai turned to the blacksmith. He sighed, scratching the back of his head, like he remembered something.

"Right, that. Well, we don't have enough weapons to give you. Especially with the upcoming unpredictable threat, we have to stay alert." The blacksmith explained.

"Of course, but we're fighting our own battles too! We need weapons, especially from skilled blacksmiths like you." The noble replied. The Blacksmith sighed.

"How many do you need?" He asked.

"Eh, if it's really a problem, not much. How does... twenty swords sound?" He asked. The blacksmith flinched a bit.

"I-I guess I could." He said. The noble nodded.

"See, noble scum can be somewhat reasonable." He laughed. Takai helped carry some swords onto the carriage. There was room for more, so this wasn't all they were taking back with them.

"Great, here's pay." The noble said, tossing a bag of coins. The blacksmith looked at it strangely.

"Of course, I took some off because of the shortage today, but that should do, correct?" He asked. The blacksmith sighed.

"Yeah. It's fine." He said. He was a little disappointed, but it was fair. Then, the noble left as other men brought the carriage with. Takai then noticed someone in a white cloak. They had a black mask on with a beak underneath.

"A plague doctor. Not sure why one of them are here." The blacksmith said. Takai turned to him.

"Wait, why exactly are they scum? He was pretty reasonable about that." He said. The blacksmith sighed.