Past: Concord, Massachusetts: 1865

Start from the beginning

Meg was primping in front of the mirror, "I can't believe today is my wedding day!"

Jo mumbled sadly, "Me neither."

Meg turned to her sister, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Jo insisted.

Meg immediately understood, "Jo."

Which prompted her sister to kneel in front of her holding her hands, "We can leave. We can leave right now."

Meg laughed, "What?"

Jo pleaded, "I can make money: I'll sell stories, I'll do anything - cook, clean, work in a factory. I can make a life for us."

Meg shook her head, "But Jo-"

"And you, you should be an actress and have a life on the stage. Let's run away together."

Meg smiled at her childish sister, "I want to get married."

Jo was frustrated, "WHY?"

"I love him."

Jo became angry at the simple answer, "You will be bored of him in two years and we will be interesting forever."

Meg shook her head, "Just because my dreams are not the same as yours doesn't mean they're unimportant."

Jo sits back, heartbroken.

Meg continued, "I want a family and a home and I'm not scared of working and struggling... but I want to do it with John."

Jo tearfully stared at her big sister, "I just hate that you're leaving me."

Meg smiled wistfully, "Oh, Jo, I'm not leaving you. Besides, one day it will be your turn."

Jo just grumbled, "I'd rather be a free spinster and paddle my own canoe." At this Meg laughed.

Collapsing into a hug she continued, "I can't believe childhood is over."

Meg patted her head, "It was going to end one way or another. And what a happy end."

In Aunt March's Garden

Father was officiating the wedding.

"What excessive promises, giving yourself away to get the other.

What a thing, what a gift, always given before it is known the cost or the reward."

The March sisters stood in the back with Laurie. Andy stole furtive glances at the young man who owned her heart.

The picnic reception was filled with dancing and laughing.

Marmee and Hannah deliver cakes and pastries and food all around. Amy distracts them as Andy manages to take a pastry every time they look away.

Laurie dances with Beth, whirling her around and making her laugh.

Mrs. Meg Brooke shares her first dance with her new husband.

Jo watches her sisters adoringly. Andy sneaks behind her, convincing her older sister to convince Teddy to give them a sip of alcohol.

Teddy agrees and manages to steal a glass of wine. Turning his back to them to hide them to provide privacy from the rest of the party.

Jo almost spat out her sip passing the glass to Andy.