Past: Concord, Massachusetts: 1865

Concord, Massachusetts: 1865

The night before Meg's wedding

The 5 March sisters were gathered in their room for what seemed like the last time. Jo was silently crying while hugging Meg on top of the bed, mourning that her sister will no longer stay with them.

"Oh, Jo. John and I will only be a few roads away" Meg tried to placate her sister.

Beth was primping her doll in the corner, "But we won't get to see you every day now"

Amy was combing Andy's hair, "Yeah but Meg's marrying the love of her life and they are going to ride off into the sunset"

Andy grumbled, "I don't see why you're marrying Mr. Brooke of all people"

Meg laughed at her sisters, "Well Andy it's because I love him"

Andy jumped up and down in her seat, "Yeah but how do you know you love him?"

"I know I love him because I could not see myself going through life without him. Just the thought of having a family and growing old with him fills my heart with so much love" Meg poured her heart out.

Of the sisters, Andy was the only one paying close attention to every word, "That's how you know you love someone?"

Meg smiled, "Yes"

Andy jumped from her seat, "Then I'm in love as well!"

Her sisters just watched her run to Jo's desk.

Jo protested, "Hey!"

Andy ransacked the drawers, "I just need a few pieces of paper Jo. Please!"

"Fine"

Amy watched her twin, "What are you doing Andy?"

Andy grinned at her sisters who watched her befuddled, "I'm going to write a letter to the love of my life!"

Jo sat up squinting, "Who?"

Andy propped a drawing in front of her. The sisters leaned over her shoulders to see a drawing of Laurie.

"Laurie?!?" "Teddy!?!"

Andy nodded, "Yes. I can't see myself living and loving anyone else besides Teddy"

Jo shook her head in protest, "But what about our plans to work and study in Europe?!"

Andy proceeded to write, "I'll do that too! But I want to make sure Teddy knows to wait for me to be successful so I can marry him."

Beth agreed with her, "If there is one thing Andy March wants, she'll get it"

Amy giggled, "Then I'm going to be an artist and marry Fred Vaughn"

Jo fell back to her bed, "Ugh does everyone want to get married?"

Beth sat beside her to pet her head, "Not me. I just want to stay with Marmee, father, and Hannah"

Andy spent the whole night editing and perfecting her love letter. Make sure to pour all her heart and soul into her confession.

She looked forward to seeing Teddy's face tomorrow.

Meg's Wedding Day

It was a beautiful day, full of flowers and sunlight.

Jo was upstairs with Meg watching the rest of her sisters down below.

Outside, Beth and Amy are arranging decorations and laughing. Andy had commanded Teddy, who came back from college, to smuggle some snacks for her.