Chapter Three: Cat and Mouse (1/2)

Start from the beginning

"She got into debt with me awhile ago when she performed at some of the bars I owned, that includes this one. Needless to say, she's going to play at tomorrow night's performance," Pomegranate said, a slight sadistic grin appearing on her face as she looked at Parfait's tightened and shivery body.

"Oi! Don't forget about me, Pomegranate, ask the question you wanted to ask to Red Velvet," Licorice said as he elbowed Parfait slightly. Parfait laughed awkwardly, hoping she would not be threatened to be killed by Licorice once more.

"Ah, I almost forgot," Pomegranate smirked slightly as she looked over towards Red Velvet. 

Red Velvet was seen playing with his clear glass shot glass, spinning it around in slow circles as he waited for Pomegranate's question.

"Caught a lower class rumoring around the grape vine that you've been playing cat and mouse with a cookie in the poorer parts of town. Care to explain?" Pomegranate said as she tilted her head slightly.

Red Velvet paused the cup from spinnin in another circle like rotation before he looked slightly towards Pomegranate, shocked at the question, yet remembered exactly what Pomegranate had referred to.

A smirk on Red Velvet's face formed as he thought about his little Pastry he attempted to kill.

"Ah, that doll-faced cookie? Her name's Pastry, heard it from the news after I tried to kill Detective Almond after he walked in on me throwing away a body," Red Velvet said as he imagined the image of Pastry's bruised up, yet sad and obedient face from that night.

"She's a cute one, a sorrowful one from what I can sense, but I feel slightly nostalgic around her. Don't know why, she just reminds me of someone slightly familiar from one of my past missions," Red Velvet said as Licorice peaked with interest at the conversation.

Pomegranate's smirk turned slightly wicked as she giggled to herself, both Licorice and Red Velvet quickly looked over to her wicked self as her eyes glittered with the excitement of the news she wanted to say, but kept it in for now.

She wanted to save the best treats for last after all.

"How intriguing. Is she a part of some type of group by chance?" Pomegranate asked, trying to contain the excitement of her discoveries of Red Velvet's little play thing.

"Hm, possibly. She has a silver like crossbow on her wrist, I remembered it when she tried to use her pathetic, yet semi-decent aim to kill me," Red Velvet said as Licorice laughed slightly. Red Velvet leaned onto the back of the chair before a certain sentence of Pomegranate had caught his hearing.

"Ah, Saint Pastry. From The Order, I heard that the place calls themselves 'The Godly' despite it being a manipulative cult. Poor cookie, heard she got rebaked awhile ago," Pomegranate said as she took a sip of her slightly lemon flavored water.

Red Velvet peaked his head up slightly with interest at Pomegranate's knowledge of Pastry, even Licorice couldn't help but feel intrigued at the knowledge of a cookie he didn't even know.

"He he! How unfortunate for her, tell me more, I must know about Red Velvet's little play thing!" Licorice exclaimed with pure curiosity and interest as Red Velvet glared at Licorice then glared back at Pomegranate with slight interest.

"The olden days of Red Velvet being recognized solely as a war general, who killed thousands before the Great Depression of this pathetic kingdom. Along with Licorice who would reap souls and force those who never agreed with our commands to be sentenced to melt?"

"Not to mention I, who would force others to look into the reflection of their good, the bad, and the uglier versions of themselves, good times indeed."