Chapter 6. Training and Choices of The Past

Start from the beginning

Oh yeah, also snowfall helps them, kinda. The only reason why she does what she does is that she got a whiff of some of the rumors and got very mad. Why? Is because she does not want that 'THING' becoming a thing with lynx!

Like them, friends even though she doesn't like the term friends between them, to become her best friend's boyfriend, and will do anything to stop it.

By threatening to ruin their rankings if they continue to give him weird ideas if they oppose him trying to ship them. I mean seriously? They're just friends who enjoy each other's company, with him supporting her and her supporting him. And that's what friends do, best friends... Am I right lynx? Lynx? Lyyynnx?

"Heyy? Lynx?" He waves his talons in front of her, snapping out whatever she is thinking. "Sometimes I wonder if you became a block of ice in front of me-" "Huh? I yeah sorry I, uh- I was just thinking about something..." She responded.

"That's okay... but look what I found" He showed her the scroll, which made her look at the page. "...A picture of a baby seal!"

"Awww!"

But on some nights, they'll just find pictures of the cutest animals in the world. Even having battles of finding the cutest and defeating them with it and winning the crown of the animals. Winter had it, but he slipped on his game making him fall from grace giving the crown of the cutest animal finder, to his fake nemesis, Lynx! But one day he'll get his revenge... and shall take back his crown! Mwhaha!

But mostly they'll research and study until the end of the day when late dragons come to the library at sunset, either returning or borrowing. It was difficult for winter to learn, getting all this information in his head and taking days to keep it in. Particularly strategy. Even though there are so many ways to defeat your opponent, he can never seem to pick the most effective move.

And lynx said it's the most important thing for a captain to do, so he never gave up and he'll start trying again.

After reading many, many scrolls on long, and always fantastic nights with cute animal battles. He was finally ready to begin actual training with lynx.

Of course, he had training in the past, and learning from the library also helped! He tried it out and managed to get up the fourth circle to third place! Still isn't as high as lynx, who is in the second circle in fifteen places, but they celebrated anyway. Why? Without winter pointing out a lot of mistakes that really could bring her down. She wouldn't be in that rank, because they are a team...

And friends always have each other's backs...

When the day came when they flew to Gem beach once more to fight how far they had progressed, he felt so ready, he felt he could actually have a chance to-and he failed again, no surprise there. Instead of being wimps or sore losers after losing, as every icewing would be. He just simply laughed.

Laughed at how silly it is of him to think he'll beat her on the first day, how silly thinking he just becomes the bravest warrior. (I'm talking to you Rey you Mary Sue! From Star Wars the new trilogy)

So hey lesson learned. And just got up and set himself a new goal: To be better, to not only please his father but to become better enough to lead his fellow soldiers, his comrades so he won't fail them.

And that's what he did.

Every day after school and training, they will go to different places to train along different scrolls to improve their fighting techniques. Sometimes in Gem beach, frozen top, or some other random places, but mostly Gem beach because it's the closest and because neither of them doesn't really want to fly a long time after they wrestled until the end of the day.