Two

The late student

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Again." Sensei Morai shouted at Ellie as she had her practise against the top air ninja student at the academy. A guy by the name of Bryce. Yeah he was like the college football player but worse. Like a frat boy on steroids. And considering the two attended the same college made their competition even more extreme. It was made worse that they shared the same classes, an therefore, saw may more of each other than Ellie hoped for.

"Ooh little sorority girl can't take the heat." Bryce taunted her and Ellie hated the fact that he chose these words. She had never joined a sorority their college didn't actually have sororities or fraternities they weren't large enough. But it didn't stop people taking on those traits. And Ellie was far from the stereotypical sorority girl. It was a stupid and unfounded insult if she was being honest. Sure she was blonde but that was literally the only thing she shared with the sorority stereotype. She wasn't bitchy or mean she didn't fit the stereotype. It was a shame that the same couldn't be said for Bryce. He did fit the frat boy stereotype, cared more about parties and getting girls than his degree, was on the football team. Always smelt like cheap beer. Oh and thought himself to be the most attractive guy ever. Ellie like her guys a little less serious and into different sports. 

"Still butthurt I rejected you for a date?" Ellie taunted right back she wasn't going to let him win at this little debate they had going on. Or the fight they were partaking in. 

The two continued to spar for another few minutes without either coming up on top. It was essentially a rather fair fight, not that Bryce would ever admit to it that would bruise his ego, and considering nobody would admit defeat or stop the fight it would appear Sensei Morai would have to step in to stop them. 

"That's enough you two. Bryce you are dismissed." At her words the pair instantly stopped. They bowed towards each other before Bryce turned and did the same to Sensei Morai. As soon as he walked away Sensei Morai turned on to Ellie ready to give her the next challenge.

"Not too bad Ellie-Bellie. You nearly had him there. The next challenge is whether you can go against your biggest distraction." Now Ellie wasn't sure what she had meant. At first she thought back to the little comment that Sensei Morai had mentioned prior to them starting this longer training session yet she didn't really think much about it. Yet when Sensei Morai was replaced with Dustin she had to stop for a moment. 

"You really have to show me how to do that some time." Ellie asked before she instantly took a fighting position. Considering Sensei Morai-Dustin just came forwards to attack. 

It was about 20 minutes later when the session was finally stopped. Ellie was left lying on the floor her chest moving rapidly up and down as she heaved breath after breath. She hadn't admitted there was a part of her too caught up on her hidden emotions that she couldn't actually physically fight the earth ninja. Even when it was someone else disguised as him. Though the session didn't seem to stop because Sensei Morai thought she needed to stop. It was shortly after the sky started to spiral purple that Sensei Morai called out to stop the session.

"We'll call it for today. Head home and be back here tomorrow. I'll expect you to be late if you're coming with your sister again." Sensei Morai was still in the form of Dustin as she spoke and it took Ellie a moment to not laugh. 

"Yes Sensei. I'll see you tomorrow. But please change back first." Ellie smiled as she saw the woman return to her normal state. With a bow she then headed back to the fountain only to luckily catch her sister exiting at the same time.

"Tori wait up!" Ellie hollered hoping that the group in front of her could hear her. 

Upon exiting the waterfall Ellie turned to look at the group of three. None of them looked particularly happy and she wondered just what had been said to them by Sensei Watanabe. The man wasn't always the nicest in terms of words.