Chapter Seven: Holidays with Slytherins

Sophie woke up on Christmas eve. Her small mattress on the floor of Sirius's bedroom was surprisingly more than comfortable. She knew it must be early in the morning as the sun was barely shining through Sirius's curtains of his bedroom window. She couldn't see Sirius's face as he was facing towards the wall but she could see his shaggy black hair spread out and stuck at weird angles.

Sophie climbed out of bed and grabbed some clothes out of her bag. She picked out a pair of jeans and a Christmas jumper that Sirius's parents had bought for her. It was a light pink with her name woven in gold letters on the front. All four of the children had gotten one. Jocks was emerald green, Regulus's was Black and Sirius's was dark red.

She collected up her things and headed out of the room towards the bathroom. She had a quick shower before brushing her teeth and getting dressed. After she was ready she headed back towards Sirius's room. She spotted Jock on his way into the bathroom.

"Hey", Sophie said to him.

"Hey", he replied, "how did you sleep?",

"Pretty good actually", she told him, "you?"

"These beds are so soft", he laughed, "I slept like a baby."

"I'll let you get to your shower", Sophie teased.

"What are you and Sirius doing today?", Jock asked her, stopping just outside the bathroom door.

"I'm not sure yet", Sophie told him, "why?"

"Regulus and I want to go out and do some last-minute Christmas shopping", he explained, "you guys are welcome to join us."

"I'll ask Sirius", Sophie replied. She walked back into Sirius's bedroom and set down her things back into her bag. She then opened the curtains allowing the sun to shine through into Sirius's bedroom.

"Why", Sirus groaned, pulling his duvet up over his head.

"It's time to get up Sirius", Sophie laughed sitting down on the side of his bed.

"What time is it?", He asked her. Sophie checked her watch.

"Nearly nine", she replied.

"So early", he whined.

Sophie laughed and pulled the duvet off him in a playful way. Sirius tried to pull the duvet back but he was too tired to fight her properly. She wrestled it away from him and threw it onto the ground.

"Please get up, Sirius", she begged, "this place is so boring without you."

"No", he replied simply, turning to face the wall.

"Please", Sophie asked, shifting closer to him, so that her heart fluttered slightly.

"Fine", he groaned. He sat up in his bed and stretched, yawning at the same time. He then climbed out of bed and picked up a shirt out of his draw. Sirius always slept without a shirt on, he only wore long blue pyjama pants.

"Let's go get breakfast", Sophie said, standing up.

The two of them made their way down the stairs and over towards the kitchen. Sirius's house was simply huge and exceedingly well kept. There wasn't a speck of dust to be found and it was definitely thanks to their house-elf kreature. As they got downstairs Sophie could smell freshly cooked breakfast.

They walked into the kitchen and Sophie could see Sirius's mother and father sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast and chatting. They looked up at Sirius and Sophie as they walked in. Throughout Sophie's stay, they had become increasingly more irritated with Sophie's presence in their house. When she'd asked Sirius about it he'd told her that they just didn't like having Gryffindors in their house and it didn't matter how polite she was to them.