Chapter Sixteen: St Mungo's Hospital

Over the next few weeks Sophie found herself looking over her shoulder constantly. The thought that Voldemort had a reason to want her dead was terrifying. She began to find it difficult to sleep and only got a few hours to rest each night. After she'd told Storm, Lily and Peter everything that they'd found out they'd all become just as paranoid as she was. Sirius almost never left her side and their entire group now tried to actively avoid the Slytherins instead of antagonizing them.

Dumbledore had reported the four Slytherins to the ministry as potential death eaters and an Auror had come to school later that week to interrogate the Slytherins. However, with no evidence against them, and Malfoys father making a rather large donation to a charity, the Slytherins were found to be innocent.

Despite this Dumbledore had now instituted a school wide curfew and tightened the security, having all mail checked before entering and increasing the teachers nightly patrols.

Every time Sophie saw Regulus or any of the other Slytherins she felt her heart drop to her feet. Stella was still wandering around clinging to Alexander Gray and was still yet to speak to any of them. Lily told them that she'd tried to speak to Stella once when she was with Snape and they ran into the other Slytherins but Stella had completely blanked Lily as if she didn't exist.

She spent most of her time in the Gryffindor common room now as it was now the safest place in the castle. She and Sirius were in the middle of a game of wizard chess in the common room one Friday evening. It was late at night so the common room was empty, Sophie and Sirius were waiting for James, Remus and Peter to return. The three boys stayed out late most nights now, they didn't like to talk about where they went

Sirius's knight had just smashed her queen over the head with his sword when James, Remus and Peter came running back into the common room. All three of them were very out of breath and giggling furiously.

"We almost got caught by Henrys" Remus explained, as the three boys tried to sit down. James was busy stuffing his invisibility cloak into the pocket of his robes.

Sophie reached out and grabbed the edge of the soft fabric and pulled it out. She examined the fabric looking at how thin it was and the small detailed patterns dotted throughout the cloak.

"Where did you get it?", Sophie asked, running her hands along the fabric.

"It was a gift", James told her, "want to try it out?"

Sophie stood up and threw the cloak over herself, making sure to fully cover her feet. When she was under the cloak. She then walked over to a mirror in the corner of the common room and gasped at her own lack of reflection. The common room was reflected perfectly behind her, and there was absolutely no evidence that she was standing there.

"It's pretty cool isn't it", Sirius said.

She took of the cloak and handed it back to James who stuffed it into his pocket.

"Where were you guys?", She asked, sitting back down on the couch.

"Well-" Remus started.

"It doesn't matter", Sirius said, "it's your turn Soph."

"What does that mean?", Sophie asked, "where were you guys?"

"We were trying to get into the Slytherin common room", Peter told her.

"What?"

Sirius sent Peter a deadly glare.

"She should know", Peter glared back at Sirius, "everyone else does."

"Everyone else, isn't a target of Voldemort's", Sirius replied through gritted teeth.

"What's going on?", Sophie asked looking at the four boys, "why have you been trying to get into the Slytherin common room?"