Chapter 16

As Chris went over the situation you sat there in the passenger seat glaring out the jeep window swearing that Miranda would get a hell of a painful death. Ethan didn't deserve any of this...he was just a man trying to keep his wife and child safe.

'When we first met he was just a man doing whatever he could to find his wife and then save her to free her from what she created.' You thought.

"Goddamit, when does it end?" Chris sighed.
"It's bio-terror, Chris...it never ends. Not when there are humans out there fueled by greed and power." You replied.
"What's that sir? The mission?"
"All of it. Three years, trying to put this thing in the ground. Three years too long." Chris replied lighting a smoke.
"Chris you can't smoke with a pregnant woman beside you." You sighed and grabbed it from him putting it out.

For quite a while now you were now the person to keep Chris's mind on track for the missions you joined him on, not to mention it was you who was trying to get the fool to quit smoking considering it was completely bad for him.

"We'll get her, Captain, Lieutenant. The squads are ready for you both."

Shrugging his shoulders Chris didn't argue with you about his smoke and when both of you gave a silent nod you and Chris exited the jeep only you hesitated when your gaze landed on the picture of Ethan that was taken moments after his death.

'I promise, Ethan. I won't let her get away with this shit.' You thought.

From there you and Chris joined the rest of the team outside with your guns restocked and ready to go, above a BSAA plane arrived. Guess these idiots didn't want to waste any more time. But you didn't have a good feeling about their help since you and Chris didn't even clear things up just yet...your mission was still the main objective.

The mission objective was not changed, but Chris did get Canine to looking into why the hell the BSAA was doing here despite the fact that their team had things covered, from there everyone went to their selective places to continue their mission. Over the coms, pleasantries were spoken as one by one the others on the team welcomed you back warmly and later the conversation went from remembering their last big team-up back in the dessert.

"That shit was hot as fuck...I don't recommend we accept a mission there anymore." You sighed.
"Heh me too, I miss my little buddy Kuga though," Canine commented.
"You'll get to see him again after we get back home, don't worry. Clearly, he's obsessed with you as you are with him considering you spoil the boy with treats anytime." You replied.
"Can't help myself, Lieutenant, Kuga is just a loveable pal." Canine replies.

You smiled and shook your head as you followed Chris, course your teammates would love your dog Kuga. The little guy loved them as well since he'd be the center of attention anytime he was near one of them or even all. But ever since he got injured on a mission you as well as the team got a bit afraid something could happen (considering he's your service animal) and all agreed that he's retired so he would stay back at base where you normally spend all his time in your office.

When you and Chris arrived at a clearing you both checked out the village and you were shocked. Just mere hours ago that place was empty now it was filled with whatever Miranda had made throughout the place protecting something. Chris informed everyone that he and you would go and take that damn thing out.

"It's not gonna be easy, because if that thing is what I think it is...then we'll get waves and waves of those bastards." You told them.
"I'll provide support from here."
"Alright then here's a bit more ammo in case you need it." You replied handing him half of the rifle ammo you had for the time being.
"Everyone watch for hostile bio-weapons, and make sure you have a clear view on (Y/N)'s back...we need to get her and the kid out of here alive," Chris says.
"Rodger."