thirteen ; falling asleep.

Start from the beginning

"i have some business. i'll come back again later. sorry!" he effortlessly winked and sprinted towards the door, quietly opening it wide. seola saw sunghoon's side profile when the door opened. the door slowly closed shut but from the small glimpse, it seemed like sunghoon was leaning on the wall as he waited.

she didn't hear their voices but sunghoon soon appeared again inside the library alone. he approached seola and pointed at his backpack, "kim sunoo is ditching study. let's ditch too," he whispered, his face full of seriousness that didn't almost match his words.

though, seola agreed feeling tired after the long period of sitting and burning energy from studying. they silently packed up their things one by one and placing them inside their respective backpacks.

when they finished, they slung their backpacks over their shouders and exited the library. only this time, it was the two of them together.

seola inhaled the fresh and humid air that hit her skin that was far different from the cold, air conditioned air inside the library. "ah, this feels nice," she commented as sunghoon closed the door behind them slowly to ensure not to be loud.

"yeah. i almost dozed off over here because it was too peaceful," sunghoon replied. they walked to the empty hallway together, both heads turned around to the windows where the sun shone brightly at them.

numerous classes were out noisily doing outdoor activities and having fun yet other classes were scattered around the most peaceful areas in the school to study for the dreaded period.

the exam period.

two of the most exciting school events will be conducted in following weeks or month, namely the school festival and retreat that completes one's highschool experience. although, having high grades in the exams are crucial if you want to participate.

this isn't a problem for both sunghoon and seola as they both aced every subject and got respectable marks while also being a part of the student council, known to be busy for most of the time.

but, they seemed to study as serious as the others anyway.

seola heavily sighed, massaging her head. "i really want chocolate right now," she emphasized while crossing her arms on her chest impatiently.

"i'm craving for your restaurant's noodles more,"

"oh yeah! that too.."

their trivial chats were always a part of sunghoon's day. it could be about food, dramas they were currently watching, or simply about the worrying amount of school work.

and somehow, this small, trivial conversations with seola became the highlight of his day.

although, sunghoon couldn't help but notice that seola was more upbeat and chattier than usual, not even letting a single silence errupt between the two of them as they talked away.

he wasn't bothered by it at all, thinking her ramblings lessened his sleepiness.

they went on topic to topic until they arrived outside of the cafeteria. seola pushed the door with one hand and opened it for sunghoon to come through as well from behind. with a quick thank you, he walked inside the surprisingly empty cafeteria.

"chocolate. chocolate. chocolate." she chanted under her breath while getting every chocolate flavored snack that was on display from bread, wafers, and bars.

sunghoon peeked over her shoulder to see all the snacks she was hugging so dearly on her hands, "hey. you're not planning to eat all of that, right?" he asked, concerned and shocked at the same time.