Finding Him Out

Dear Readers,

Heyo! I said I'd update this weekend, didn't I? I'm gonna try and get into a schedule... every weekend, at least, maybe once in the middle of the week in addition if I have time. Of course, now that I say that, I have to tell you guys that I won't be updating this week or this weekend... my family is going on vacation for spring break so I won't be able to access Wattpad too much, definitely not enough to update. But I'll try soon after.

Anyways, please excuse any typos I may make and enjoy this part!

Hapy Reading!
<3 Lunie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nico

Will cradled my face, and we were both laughing. His thumb stroked my cheek rhythmically, his gorgeous eyes never leaving mine. We were surronded by a soft, fuzzy halo of springtime, light and warm but not blinding or hot.

Will's forehead pressed against mine, and I closed my eyes, soaking up the blissfulness. I feel him smile, and then I look at him. Then he gently presses his lips against mine, and I wrap my arms around him. Oh, how I've missed his touch, his gentle caress.

Then, like a TV screen, everything flickers and is replaced by Will, working at his desk, me standing behind him.

"Will?" I say, but he doesn't hear me. Maybe I'm seeing something from the past?

I walk forward until I'm directly behind him, but my footsteps make no sound. He's writing down something, and I can read it.

Test subject 387 has reacted negatively to serum 67. Symptoms suffered: vomiting, coughing up blood, trouble breathing, hallucinations. Death is a possiblility, watch closely. Conclusion: simliar to other test subjects' reactions. Discontinue serum 67 development, unsafe. Begin further development of serum 82 - results more promising in tests of 82.

And then, signed at the bottom in swirly letters, Will Solace, MD. Community of Experimentals, dept. of Cure Research

I backed away, staring at him in horror. The Community of Experimentals. That name... I know it. In some memory that I've forgotten...

Another episode of flickering, and then I was back in the Lotus Casino watching myself as a little kid, at that point inseparable from Bianca. The man in black came, and took little me to the awful place that smelled like antiseptic and fake lemon, leaving Bianca behind. Oh gods, I'm starting to remember.

I clutch my head as it begins to hurt, watching the doctors strap me in, tears streaming down little me's face. Then they took the blue vial, and...

I scream as my head explodes with pain, like a supernova just happened inside my skull and the explosion was contained in my head, bouncing around and popping over and over again.

Instantly, the vision is gone, like the faulty TV screen was turned off.

I am in my bed, crying silently from the pain, staring up. My head is still in unimaginable pain, and soon Suzie comes in, ready to comfort me. She doesn't speak, just climbs into my bed and hugs me tightly. The pain in my head fades a little. Soon, a very desheveled-looking Will is at my door, looking scared.

"Nico, are you-" he starts, coming closer, making to hug me.

"No," I whisper, and he stops, confused.

"Please, just leave us. Will, we need- Please, just go back to bed," Suzie says, and I'm grateful she has the words I don't. Looking hurt, Will leaves, closing the door.