Chapter 26: Voice (Hyunjin and Monday POV)

Comincia dall'inizio

"Yeah, Olivia Hye won't stop fretting about her potential meeting with your Orbit president," I chuckled remembering how our ISTP member is about to interact with another ENFP outside of LOONA.

Finding a seat in the cafe after ordering iced americanos and bread (obviously), the mood then became serious. The main reason being I was still unsure as to whether Monday should know about the interview I had with the police about my...involvement.

Besides, didn't Monday also-

"NCI," she suddenly interrupted my thoughts. "NCI told me some stuff about Jin Jin...and I have been meaning to speak to you about it."

Flinching a little after being reminded of that dream I had, I asked her, "Did it help you uncover more about her disappearance?"

"Kidnapping," Monday corrected me. "My omma told me about it in her birthday letter to me and this was cross-checked with NCI as well."

No Hyunjin, your abduction could be unrelated to this. Don't say any-

"I understand..." I softly replied. Why did I choose to be talkative at that moment...?

"Also...엄마 has been acting weirdly since you met her on my comeback showcase," Monday revealed. "I know she is in contact with the NCI to relieve pressure on my career as a singer, but last week was the first time she corresponded with them in ages. She claims she had a hunch...or something like that."

"Doesn't NCI also have hunches on your case that might turn out to be breakthroughs?" I was curious. Surely, Officers Kang and Jo also worked around their hunches and that led them to those CCTV recordings of me.

"They do..." Monday swallowed hard; as if she knew a truth harder to believe than our first music show win.

An awkward silence followed as I fished out the box I brought with me. Monday looked at my actions intrigued. Finally, I opened it to reveal...

...the new cat ear hairband I was supposed to give Monday anonymously instead of my own blood-stained one.

"Is this..." Monday seemed confused at first.

"It was originally meant for you before your debut," I told her. "After much thought, I really want you to try wearing it. You know...as an apology for-"

What she said next was about to send me into frenzy.

"Your hairband reminds me of Jin Jin...it's the same hairband she wore when we were kids..." Monday was close to tears.

~ ~ ~

(Monday POV)

I could bear to tell Hyunjin the horrifying truth about Jin Jin's kidnapping. The fact that the evidence from the case was deliberately sabotaged still haunted me. There's no doubt that whoever was responsible for Jin Jin's kidnapping intended on keeping her at all costs.

However, what the detectives said about it being an act out of grudge bothered me too. Did my parents get into hot water?

All those thoughts were put aside when I saw Hyunjin take out a hairband with cat ears; the one meant for me as a gift.

"It was originally meant for you before your debut,"she told me. "After much thought, I really want you to try wearing it. You know...as an apology for-"

Suddenly I had a brief moment of frenzy, and with my eyes close to tears, I explained to Hyunjin, "Your hairband reminds me of Jin Jin...it's the same hairband she wore when we were kids..."

And I was briefly reminded of that last memory of Jin Jin...

I asked omma if she could buy this for us. You can wear it once you are older since it is too big for your head right now...