Chapter 46 - Vesper Malfoy.

I gripped on tightly to Hermione and Harrys hand's as we apparated once again, as a figure was quickly approaching.

The blur of colours formed before my eyes once again, after staring at them, mesmerised, for a short moment, I squeezed my eyes shut to reduce the feeling of nausea.

We landed and once again, I nearly tripped over my own feet. The converse I had swapped my high-heels for, made the landing a little easier. I held my hands out, losing the grip of the others, to try and right myself.

" Where are we now? " I asked immediately, opening my eyes slowly to look at our surroundings anyways.

" Ah I see. " I replied to my previous statement with, as I saw the red-bricked apartments that surrounded one of the order's hideouts. Hermione nodded at my recognition.

I brushed my hands down the black denim ruffled skirt I had purchased, alongside a dark green sweater. As I did so, I reflected on the awkwardness of the shop visit, Harry kept pursing his lips, as if he wished to ask me something, but didn't know how. I looked over at him now, and he gave me a small smile as we began the walk inside.

Something was definitely up.

Not only the shop visit but the weirdness had been going on since the middle of summer break, whenever we'd hang out as a small group, Selina and Harry would talk by themselves for a few minutes, which again was most definitely odd.

I shrugged off my thoughts as Hermione yelled out the charm that set off the loud noise, that I connected easily with the grating of the brick apartments across the concrete.

The house, that I knew Selina probably knew best was revealed and we all walked over to it and up the steps. Ron opened it slowly and we all stepped inside, the creaking of the wooden floor the only noise evident.

The whole house was silent.

I revealed my own wooden wand,
" Lumos. " I mumbled, as we walked along the corridor. Selina mimicked this, checking the other side of the hallway. We reached the end and noticed no one present.

" Okay - I think we're fine guys. " Fred said, with a slight guffaw. I nodded in agreement and we walked through to the living room, Hermione and I did a small sweep of the room before sitting down with the others.

" I thought this would be one of the safer places to go. " Hermione said finally after a large gap of silence, I nodded.

" Good job 'Mione. " I said, she gave me a meek smile and a thumbs up. I laughed lightly at this.

" I forgot about this place. " Selina admitted as she wrapped her arms around her knees, she seemed to have been observing the house as we entered. I learnt against the sofa, crossing my legs underneath me, folding my palms in my lap as I observed our group.

" Oh! " I said suddenly, Ron raised his eyebrows at me. I reached my hand into the pocket of my skirt, I hoped I had transferred it into the new outfit. I retrieved a small bottle with a sly grin.

" Why do you always randomly have vertaserum? " Selina asked, identifying the liquid in the bottle immediately. I laughed softly, placing it down beside me.

" Never know when you may need it." I said jokingly, her eyes widened in alarm and flitted over to Harry. My smile faltered shortly after.
" I'm only joking. " I answered defensively.
" When Harry joked about it a couple nights ago, I thought maybe it'd lift our spirits again when we needed it. So I nicked some from Snape's old potions office. " I said, with a small shrug.

" Fair enough. " Fred said, from across the small circle. I smiled appreciatively at him. We sat in silence for a short moment of time, before Hermione leaned forward and took the bottle from beside me, inspecting the liquid.

" I wasn't there last time. " She reminded us, placing the small bottle in the middle of our small group. She grinned herself at it.

" Shall we? " She asked, I chuckled at her behaviour, as it was very.. un-Hermione like. I threw a fist in the air.

" Hell yeah. " I responded, she looked over at me and chuckled. I lowered my hand and let it drop to my side again.

" I wouldn't mind, although I don't know how prepared I am for a dare. " Ron said, with a small shrug. Ron, the coward.

" Fair enough. " Hermione replied, I raised my eyebrows at her.

" Truth or truth, then? " She asked, Selina laughed at this with a nod, Harry threw a glance at me and I couldn't help but notice their behaviour had gotten slightly more confusing. I looked at him back and smiled, he nodded then shifted his gaze back over at Hermione.

" Or.. Truth or double-truth? " Fred suggested, raising a singular eyebrow.

" Adds a little spice. " I said with a shrug, he nodded.

" Truth or double-truth, it is. " Hermione said, observing the bottle once again.

" Mind If I go first? " She asked, We all nodded or murmured signs of agreement. She opened her mouth to ask a question then looked at me once more.

" Do we need cups or mugs? " She questioned, I looked around the room and then nodded.

" I'll got some. " Selina said, raising off the floor. Hermione said her thanks and we all descended into silence, waiting for her to return. She did soon enough placing a small circle of mugs around the bottle and sitting back up on the sofa, I leaned forward waiting for Hermione to begin the game.

" Alright, Fred, truth or double-truth? " Hermione asked, he picked up a mug and poured a small amount of liquid in.

" Double-truth. " He answered, taking a small sip. Hermione looked around the group, her eyes landing on Ron. He sighed, picking up his own mug and filling it with a small portion of the potion.

He took a sip himself.

" Alright, let's start easy. " She said, her eyes floated to the roof as she began thinking of ideas. She stuck one finger in the air, with a small grin.

" If you could date any of the boys at Hogwarts, who would you choose? " She asked, it wasn't the worst truth ever given.

" Do they have to be alive? " Fred asked, automatically. Hermione looked a little taken-a-back by this question, but shook her head slowly. I chuckled slightly, guessing who he was indicating towards.

" Easy, Cedric. " He answered, placing his palms on the floor and leaning back.

He looked at Ron's expression and laughed.

" Hm. Maybe Neville or Seamus? " Ron answered, nodding a little afterwards and confirming his answer.