Chapter 1

So, their home is the monastery. And seasons 1 & 2 have happened, but not season  3. It's a weird concept I know, but there may be trace elements/mentions of other seasons, so it's like a mix and match thing. Zane is his original and 4th season form and can switch like in #8.

Going to be 100% honest with you here, I have no direction for this book! 😂😅😂 So please bear with me, and give me motivation and a bit of praise. /hj Lol. Also! Ships are Plasma (KaixJay) and Glacier (ColexZane.)

Kai trained with the others when his back began to ache. They had been training for hours, and hadn't let them stretch for longer. Hiding his wings was hard on its own, but for them to be hidden this long was agony. No one knew of them, not even his little sister.

Kai was knocked to the ground by Jay, who stopped to help up his teammate. "Hey. Are you okay Kai. You seem off right now."

Kai gave a smile despite the pain. "Yup!" He replied, popping the P. "I'm fine. Just a bit tired. We have been training for a long while."

Cole stopped sparring against Lloyd and Zane against Nya. Although Nya wasn't a ninja, she was still good to train with as Samuri X.

"Perhaps it would be beneficial to take a break." Zane suggested. "People tend to work better when well rested."

"I could use a break." Lloyd agreed.

"Well then, it's settled." Cole said, walking over to Jay and resting his elbow on his friend. "We'll take a break for the day. We've been training for most of it anyways."

Kai nodded. "Okay then. Thanks guys. I think that I'll go lay down in my room for a bit." He waved goodbye to his brothers and sister before heading inside.

He couldn't make it to his room soon enough. The pain was unbearable at this point. His back felt like it was about to explode into Lava.

Opening his door, he dashed inside, closing and locking himself in. He took off his shirt as quickly as he could, almost tearing it.

He crouched on the floor as his wings unfolded from his back. They felt better coming out of his back. Though it hurt taking them out. He was careful to contain the heat inside them.

Kai stood, flexing his wings. They were a bright orange red mix. Made of fire, the flames would spread out if he wasn't careful containing the heat and flames. They looked to be made of sleek wax, but if they were, they would've melted.

Hiding them took energy. Energy that he luckily had. But if he hid them too long, it became more painful than anything the others could imagine. It was as if his back would melt of erupt into lava.

Kai longed to go outside and fly with his wings. He hadn't done that since he was little. He wondered if his father had the same wings as he did. But it wasn't like Ray was around for Kai to ask.

He sat on his bed, reading and drawing for the next few hours. His wings started to feel better. One thing to mention, his wings worked like a heater. If he kept them out, no matter how much he controlled the heat and flames, a good amount always managed to escape its containment.

A knock sounded on his door and Kai panicked. "Who is it?" Kai called, trying to hide his wings.

"It's Jay. Mind if I come in?" His voice called through the door. It was cheerful as always.

"Uhm. Give me a second." Kai said. He struggled to get his wings out back away. Pressing them against his back, he imagined slits in his back, bringing them back in, then closing them up.